Implement xp for lib tailgunners already!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hitback, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Hitback

Honestly, I can't believe that SOE hasn't implemented shared experience for liberator tailgunners yet. I mean, it can't be that hard a thing to put in the game.

I mean SOE promotes PS2 as a team orientated game but there is no point tailgunning if no xp will be forthcoming for the tailgunner!

PUT XP IN FOR LIBERATOR TAILGUNNERS ALREADY!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Up x 8
  2. Pikachu

Should be for all vehicles. But I bet if ever SOE will add it for each individual vehicle update. My guess is that liberator update will come in autumn.
    • Up x 1
  3. Roll Fizzlebeef

Option 1 - Redesign the tail gun so it's more involved in the fight. Having someone sit in back and say, "shoot things in case they show up behind us" is not fun.
    - This entails a lot of coding, redsigning, debugging, debugging the bugs caused by debugging the previous bugs, and rebalancing the weapons.

Option 2 - Have shared experience with the tail gunner until Option 1 is polished and ready to be released.
    • Up x 2
  4. Iridar51

I feel like vehicle play should be as discouraging as possible. You want to fly then fly, but no XP for you, greedy farmer.
  5. JudgeDeath

All vehicle gunners and driver/pilot should get their share.

Inactive passengers should obviously get nothing.
  6. DevDevBooday

This is actually a really good post. I rarely see tail gunners because of the complete lack of XP for them, which makes farming Libs in ESFs easy because they have no defence when they are actually attacked.
  7. NC_agent00kevin

My Outfitmates always get a kick and a good laugh out of me when I tailgun. Because I actually kill stuff with it. Most of the time its one shot out of the blue while we arent even in a combat situation. Ive got my fair share of ESF kills with the bulldog; usually its infantry though. Its really not that bad most of the time. Of course, if the Infantry isnt there, you cant kill them. That happens too...but not enough to make me want to avoid the tailgun.

That said, of course Id like more XP. :D
  8. Hitback

Here's an idea, implement something that should have been in the game from the freaking start.
    • Up x 2
  9. Kunavi

XP for the tail turret needs to go in ASAP. I don't see them improving it in any way, not soon enough for sure. So this crutch should do fine for now.
  10. JackD

We demand that since a year, i doubt it will happen.
  11. CharismaTR

Tailgun is still useful for a 2/3 lib. Whether its a bulldog or walker it's still a good deterrent to enemy esfs. Enough for the lib to flee.