Implants

Discussion in 'MAX' started by andy_m, Sep 18, 2014.

1. andy_m

Hi Peeps,

I currently don't bother running an Implant on any of my MAX loadouts, such is the power of the MAX suit alone.

Which of the few Implants that can be used would peeps recommend?

cheers :)
    • Up x 1
  2. MAXArmar

Enhanced targetting, awareness and EOD are all valid choices.

I mainly use enhanced Targetting.
    • Up x 2
  3. Goretzu

It is a good question, I'm just not sure there's a particularly good answer.

Most of the ones that would actually be great with MAXs don't work with MAXs.

All I have come up with myself so far my personal order; Awareness (or maybe Marker) to help mark people (and help with spotter directive) or maybe Sensor Shield if it works with MAXs (doesn't say it doesn't, but it seems like another one that shouldn't work on a MAX) or EOD HUD II (or III, but the extra range seems a bit of a waste) for C4/mines.... other than that it is basically down to Battle Hardened or the default one.

Mostly I've just stuck with Marker for the directive (not managed to get Awareness yet /sigh).
    • Up x 1
  4. Daf

I run with the EODIII, in fact, it seems for me the Max implants are very few and far between to get?

I use Enhanced Targeting I for AA ( only because i have this at that level as none ever come along)

Best to try with your play style, I do like the EOD as spotting mines for myself and sqd makes it more viable option with our type of operations ;)
    • Up x 1
  5. LibertyRevolution

EOD HUD 3 for AI work so you can see C4 through walls from 30m away.
    Enhanced Targeting for AV/AA role so you can kill the wounded vehicles first.
    • Up x 2
  6. andy_m

Thanks for your replies peeps :)

I suppose, seeing as C-4 is my nemesis, I should go with EOD then. I am a lot more wary now than I used to be but a bit of extra help won't go amiss :)
  7. LibertyRevolution

EOD HUD 3 is not "a bit of extra help", it is 20m of wallhack for all explosives. :D
    • Up x 1
  8. Xasapis

Too bad it doesn't work as well for vehicle drivers.
  9. _itg

You just need to drive as slow as a MAX, and then it will work great. :D
    • Up x 1
  10. andy_m

You could always discuss that in the Vehicles forum if you like :)

Oh... Wait... I remember, there is no Vehicles forum :D

Anyways, been using EODII. Didn't think it was worth going the whole hog with EODIII because II gets the spotting done in decent time.

And that's just on my Mattock loadout. I'm not using an implant on my Burster loadout. It's not worth me using EOD for my Burster MAX because I'm more often than not sticking close to a spawn room or terminal, so I'm unlikely to run into any land mines or C-4.

I might try Enhanced Targeting for my Burster loadout.
  11. _itg

Definitely go with enhanced targeting with bursters. It lets you prioritize the damaged targets first, so you can make sure that ESF can't fly away and repair. I'd recommend it for your AV loadout, too, for the same reason.
    • Up x 1
  12. LibertyRevolution

20m isnt much notice when you are moving at 65KPH..
    65KPH is 18m/s, so you get to see that mine 1 sec before you hit it, and vehicles in this can't normally react in time. :p
  13. Shamrock

EOD hud, it will save you and your squad mates, the number of times I have seen a guy lay a C4 brick just behind a door-frame /crate/ blind-corner, and i see the icon for the explosives means I receive a warning ( via the icon) and can also call out to squad mates not to charge in and throw an EMP nade to clear it. Its even funnier when you clearly see the explosive icon and an opponent that Is clearly trying to bate you onto the C4, you just flank around it using another door and ruin his day.

Also agree with the guys above advance targeting for AA bursters, lets you prioritise targets.
  14. CorporalClegg

EOD hud isn't a bad way to go.

I'm the oddball that uses clear vision because every now and then, a smart heavy comes up and hits me with a conc grenade followed by a rocket which is pretty difficult to foresee and handle if it catches me off guard.
  15. MAXArmar

Thing with EOD is, the C4 bricks that are normally going to hurt you are the ones that are thrown on top of your head by a LA or alternatively through a door. In neither situation will EOD be of much help.
  16. Dhabu

What is this Clear Vision you speak of? Are you referring to Battle Hardened? Conc nades are a problem for me too; does one of the implants prevent the screen blur?
  17. CorporalClegg

Its a T3 implant but don't bother with it... I was using it today and apparently it doesn't protect max units from conc grenades. I'm an idiot, should have read the fine print.