Implants drop rate

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wowinatino, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Wowinatino

hello,

I need a new resultat on the new implant drop rate (rare drop rate)
    per example: reddit

sorry for my bad english
    thank you
  2. Derek Icelord

Implants do not drop under the new system. You acquire them from completing directives (new characters only) and purchasing Implant Packs from the depot.
  3. Liewec123

kinda obvious that he means the chance of getting a rare one from opening a box,
    after the recent change this patch that supposedly makes them "less rare". ;)
    • Up x 2
  4. Demigan

He means "if you buy a pack, what drop chance does each implant have per implant drop"
    At which point the choices are the 2 implant novice packs, the "normal" 3-pack you should never buy (100 certs per implant) and the deluxe 9-pack (83,33 certs per implant). And before I forget the iso4 implant pack with an advertized higher rare implant droprate, but unless you are swimming in iso4, dont do it. Iso4 is harder to come by than the certs for a new implant, and each time you want to get iso4 you already get a chance at implants you dont have yet.

I'm curious as well to those droprates.
  5. RockPlanetSide2

Just spend 300-400 dollars and be done with it, you will have all of them.
  6. LordKrelas

RNG....
    So that's not a safe bet.
    • Up x 1
  7. Maecy

Wrel said that the new implant system was supposed to be a more "stable source of income." With the amount of rng in it nobody is going to buy that stuff other than idiots. Stable source of income, my @ss.
    • Up x 1
  8. Cymric

9. zaspacer

You have to understand that in SOE/DBG Dev logic, they thought (yet again) that they understood this kind of thing and were doing it right.

When I was at Sigil (SOE/DBG sister company that went under that had DBG peeps at it), the main Assoc Producer at one point asked the Designer cubicle farm if anyone had any "Economics experience". I turned to him from about 10 feet away and told him I majored in Econ at UCSB, had come from a job doing Finance for 10 years, and spent time analyzing game systems. He kinda gave me that "I still don't like you as a person" look, and then promptly ignored me.

Later, I made a spreadsheet to show how a Crafted Items level cap ceiling was too broad and was killing Dungeons because it was better/cheaper/faster to buy cheap upper level crafted than farm the Dungeon stuff and players instead just farmed mobs outside Dungeons (even the Devs playing with the most high level players were doing this in game: and choosing to exploit exp rather than tell the relevant designer to fix it). I showed a few lowbie Devs and they thought it was great info and should be fixed, I tried to get a meetup with the proper Design head, and he just blew me off multiple times and ignored me (though otherwise that guy is a great guy, very bright, makes fun content, etc.: it's just trying to get balance fixing on his content was not gonna happen)

Another time I found out the guy in charge of putting items into the system for Designers to use on mobs, was instead keeping most of them only for himself and his small Design team to use. He wanted to be the Designer that players liked the most cause his areas were the coolest.

They'd rather do it wrong themselves than give someone else the power/kudos for doing it right. They literally used the term "Cool Kids Club" and "Cool Police" to describe the handful of senior Devs who got to make are the decision on what to change and how to change it, often with spending little or no time/thought on something (or ignoring it) unless it interested them. They also like the pick on some lowbies they didn't like personally (putting one guy's hacky sack in a urinal, etc.). It was often joked that this one extra crude guy was "head of HR".

You have to understand SOE/DBG Dev logic. If they try at all in the areas they are career bad at, it's like throwing darts blindfolded. Which is more just hope that they hit anything and don't cause more damage than good.