Implants? Are they still a thing?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TokyoShoe, Nov 28, 2012.

1. TokyoShoe

Are IMPLANTS still a thing in-game? I kept seeing them mentioned in YouTube videos being put out just before launch. Lots of people touting the "Quick Draw" implant as being useful, etc etc. Can't seem to find them in-game, however.

Is this something that doesn't unlock until a specific Battle Rank.. or did they just remove it all together for "Boosters"?
  2. Kran De Loy

They aren't currently anywhere in the UI screens so I would guess they just kind of disappeared.

I figured Implants where going to be like they were in PS1, stuff with temporary boosts that you triggered in the field, like Darkvision that allowed you to see cloaked Infiltrators or Sound Suppression that allowed cloaked infiltrators to not show on the minimap when they moved. Maybe in PS2 have one that was a Range Finder that showed the range to wherever you were aiming. Or an IFF system that allowed when you hovered over a target for a half second it would ID that target as friend or foe.

Instead in early beta implants were almost entirely just strait up power boosts of some kind. If they want to completely scrap that particular idea of Implants then I'm well past Happy. That kind of **** needs to stay gone.
  3. TokyoShoe

That is exactly why I was asking. If this type of thing was still in the game and everyone else was using it, I wanted to make sure I wasn't short-changing myself out of an upgrade. If it got removed.. it got removed and I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

I do kind of miss the odd little implant abilities from PS1 tho... especially the run-speed booster. You could really haul *** from base to base with that as an infiltrator.
  4. RD1349

bit late for this but the run speed booster is a suit slot now. But only for LA