Implant systme is a blatant cashgrab

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zherot, Apr 2, 2017.

1. DarkStarAnubis

With the design DBG has chosen they HAVE to use random boxes because duplicated implants are the only source of ISO-4. Even if you had ALL the inplants you would be forced to buy new boxes to get ISO-4 to level up your implants.

This sucks.
    • Up x 1
  2. adamts01

Construction was never meant to be a solo operation, none of this game was meant to be played solo. If you build a base as part of a squad then that paywall disappears. But, construction is jacked and not well intertwined with the real game, so good luck getting a squad to help you. There was a Chinese squad that did it on Connery and they locked every continent due to victory points while they were on. Solo bases don't stand a chance no matter how much money you spend in the game.
  3. Klabauter8

Who said I was only talking about solo bases? And who said i see "winning" as locking continents? Of course you can't lock a whole continent alone, but you can get a huge amount of kills with construction bases. And if a whole squad would just buy a good amount of construction elements, they also could lock the continent, like you just said.

But i honestly don't care about this.
  4. adamts01

This is the part I disagree with. Building a successful base is a team effort, and with a team the cost for construction is reasonable. The base isn't powerful, it's all about the troops reinforcing it. I just don't think construction is nearly as P2W as this new implant system, this really takes the cake.