Implant system change seems like a terrible idea (Opinions)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Toxic Ninja, Jan 26, 2017.

1. MonnyMoony

I think the changes sound awesome.

No more chargers - yay. Always felt like a stupid idea anyway.

The ability to equip more than one implant will create lots of different and new loadout possibilities.

You can still earn implants/ISO-4 through gameplay.

What's not to like. Just a shame I have recently converted a load of my stockpiled implants into chargers.
  2. Eranorz

If by "not afraid to change/experiment with balance" you mean "not afraid to break and/or remove everything that made the game fun", then sure they are doing just fine in that department
    • Up x 1
  3. Demigan

And here we have one of the most important questions of game development!
    Is the weapon/feature you designed actually fun, and who is it fun for?
    if it's fun for one guy, you look at how many times it's going to be used against others. If you come to the conclusion that one guy is making the game unfun for a lot of other guys, then the weapon/feature will have a negative influence on the game and you don't add it/remove it.
    And the only "fun" that Thermals brought was easy-mode murdering of masses of infantry.
    A weapon/feature needs to be fun for as many people involved. They started adding tracers to sniper weapons so people knew they were getting shot at and could react. That increased the fun as the player had the option to react to the information on his screen, rather than not even noticing 3 shots pass his head by inches because there was no sound or tracers to let the player know he was being shot at before he's suddenly killed.

Now consider this: You guys are whining that it's now impossible to see infantry (it's not, git some average skill, you don't need to be super good to spot them), but this change has done more than anything else to promote combined arms. As now people who spot for you will reveal the harder-to-see infantry for you to attack. Isn't that fun? The vehicleside people who always claim "needs combined arms, doesn't need to protect scrub bot infantry players" suddenly going against the biggest change to promote combined arms in years? And they don't even think at any point in time that they can attack the spotted players? Nope, they want to do everything of the engagement 100% by themselves, the opposite of combined arms. Isn't that some nice hypocrisy right there?
    Ofcourse as has been repeated so many times, "80% of the infantry playerbase are bots that whine when they get killed by anything else than infantry!". But when you look at the vehicle players you find they are even more bots. Usually they are even less capable of switching tactics than infantry and will happily sit in the same location for hours on end trying to farm infantry without any regard for their safety because they used some resources damnit and using resources should be the only skill they need! Instant superpowers because you could find the vehicle terminal baby!

Stupid filthy hypocrites.
    • Up x 2
  4. saronyogg

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    No longer drop?????
    WHY?
    Why u forget the F2P players
    With more economic crisis on the horizon (thanks red necks in gringoland, ur fascism will bite all of the world, but i hope more on you) i doubt is a good idea turning this game in pay to win
  5. GoTDirt fromMAG

Insert Gomer Pyle "Surprise surprise surprise" here.
  6. Eternaloptimist

I am particularly looking forward to trying out the new implants on my LA . Regen is my go to implant now so I will almost certainly equip that. But for the other one, I can see Awareness or Sensor Shield (is that what it is called?) being good for hiding my approach or working out where enemies are shooting from..............but then the siren song of catlike for the extra movement speed is calling.