impalant question?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by lokear, Jul 8, 2019.

1. lokear

Failsafe and Fortify impalant , What is that? how to use?
  2. Scrundle

Failsafe:
    When your shield is broken (By damage) your ability energy is refilled by a certain amount depending on the level of the implant. At level 5 it also provides a very minor defence against knives. Ability energy is your Overshield/Cloak/Healing aura/Jetpack.
    Failsafe is always active when installed, you do not need to activate it, but it stops working for 20 seconds after doing its job.
    It has some niche builds on Infiltrator and Heavy Assault but overall it isn't a very good implant, especially not the level 5 bonus.

Fortify:
    When you have Fortify installed you can walk up to a base capture point and USE it (With the same button you use to interact with terminals) to get a buff in the form of extra shields which lasts for 15 seconds. The higher the level of the Fortify implant the more shields you gain. At level 5 you also gain a constant shield regeneration effect; Instead of the usual delay before your shield begins to recharge itself your shields will instead constantly recharge at a rate of 13.3 shield per second.
    I actually quite like the Fortify implant but again it is somewhat niche and largely depends on having a Heavy Assault built specifically around it.

I hope that helps.
    • Up x 2
  3. lokear

Failsafe:
    but if im use overshield ,i use Failsafe impalant my shield is down Where will the energy be filled?

Fortify:

this referred to base capture point How large is this?Is from when you entering the base? (Base icon appears on your UI?) or in the A point nearby? you mean USE, if mast Press E key button to work?
  4. JibbaJabba

The moment your personal shield (that everyone has) goes down, it will fill up your ability energy. For a heavy this means filling up the heavy-exclusive overshield.
    You already read how this works. The reason you are asking is because you are struggling to believe that it really could be this stupid. It is.

You must literally go to the control point itself. The physical human-high glowing screen having node thing.... walk up to it and hold the E key kinda like you were gonna hack it or something. Takes a few seconds during which yeah, you have lost some serious combat awareness. It takes like 2-3 seconds of situational vulnerability to get 200 extra shield for 15 seconds then you gotta run back and do it again.
  5. lokear

good i know;)
  6. ObiVanuKenobi

[IMG]
    • Up x 1