[Suggestion] Impact grenades.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by K2k4, Jun 13, 2014.

1. K2k4

With the LA revamp coming up quickly in December 2016 (joke) What if we had a grenade variant called 'impact grenades' that exploded on impact instead of having a fuse? These grenades would have to be toned down to account for people's inability to see them before they are damaged by them. The idea here is that instead of utility grenades like the smoke or flash grenade, the LA would have a more assault based grenade intent on harming his foes. I suggest they do 150 regular and 350 splash damage on a direct hit, tapering down to 200 splash damage at 4 meters. This means 2 grenades to somebody's face will kill them, but more importantly, they'll be effective vs groups.

Comparing this idea to other grenades that explode on impact. The concussion grenade of the Heavy Assault is majorly crippling to any enemies caught within its effect. Anybody affected gets killed by coordinated efforts of their enemies or (in a solo situation) the offending heavy assault simply mows them down. The EMP grenade on infiltrators instantly halves the effective HP of anybody caught in its effect, and infiltrators have weapons which combo greatly with taking out enemies quickly (even the crossbow becomes a one hit kill if a target's shields are down.).
  2. Sandpants

I'd rather both existing class grenades be switched to detonate on contact. All the alternatives to them are - underbarrel smoke and concussion grenade.

I think on contact explosive would be a bit OP. Especially if it's more biased towards dealing damage to multiple targets. You'd have packs of LA with grenade bandolier 4 bombarding people with these. They would obliterate groups more than C4 does now.
  3. MasterDemoman

These grenades would be better on Engineer than Light Assault, cause LA's could get a grenade bandoleer and rain impact death upon you, whereas engineers COULD get a grenade bandoleer, but they could also get a utility pouch for oodles of C4, betties, and other goodies.

Good suggestion but bad class, imo/
  4. Iridar51

Not the flash grenade :eek: we need to be able to bounce it off doorways, otherwise we'd be blinding ourselves 99% of time.
    The thing just needs a much shorter detonation delay, 0.5 - 1.5 secs instead of 4 it has now.
    • Up x 1
  5. Rovertoo

Impact grenade made me think of a semi-lethal grenade that tosses people and flashes around. That would be kind of awesome.