I'm sorry T-ray and co...

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Van Dax, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Van Dax

but I'm not happy at all with the new magrider textures.
    (for those who haven't seen, my personal magrider setup comparison: http://imgur.com/a/Er0kx)

Ludicrously garish purple and bright green(not teal or any normal vs green) stripes down the middle, significantly less camo, my cosmetics look much worse, and all the things we wanted changed are unaffected(saron camo, better turret socket for ns weapons, better socket for fpc/vpc/better or more suitable models for them so they can be animated like every other tank primary).

come on guys, I really want this to look good, weapon balancing guys already make me regret buying weapons for it, don't make me swear off cosmetics too.

at the very least pull the colours from the lightning, much less eye bleedingly bright.

(for those who will inevitably tell me its a wip, yeah its gotten worse since their first few wips, so unless its missing some massive change, its close to finished.)
  2. HadesR

I think the amount of coverage is about right and brings it in line with the Vanguard .. But I'm not sure I like how that coverage has been placed ..
  3. Van Dax

[IMG]
    uh what? Vanguard has pretty much exactly the same as the current mag, just a yellow stripe instead of a teal one.
    • Up x 1
  4. HadesR

Sorry was talking the basic un-camo'd version of the Vanguard vs the previous un-camo'd Mag on PTS ( which was all black ) and it's a change in the right direction..

Camo'd yes I agree it should have more coverage since that's the point of camo ..
  5. MajiinBuu

Dammit now our magrider will have the same camo coverage as the old TR infiltrator :(
  6. Bambasti

Hmm, where's the point of buying camo with the new design, especially at current prices? o_O
  7. Regpuppy

I can see a point with this on NS vehicles, and even somewhat on infantry if done right. But the camo coverage on the most uniquely and most recognizably shaped empire specific vehicles? That's just pointless. These are the last vehicles that need reductions in camo coverage. There's no way someone is mistaking an NC Vanguard for a magrider or a prowler, or vice versa.

That being said, I think T-rays given reason for the change is that the new one uses a simpler texture
  8. Van Dax

thats the reason they redid it, not the reason it looks the way it is. Obviously since they had to redo the entire texture to be the same as the scythe it needed to be totally reqorked and thus they took the chance to try something different. I don't like the colours they chose and the super low camo coverage and changing the colour of cosmetics I bought.