Im pretty upset at SOE right now. How do you feel about this?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ABATTLEDONKEY, Nov 21, 2013.

1. ironeddie

That's my current thinking the devs are just the troops. Doing the best they can with the time they have. It's like it in most business. My bosses just care about the bottom line & little else.
  2. Hobo Jack

Look i know that all most people care about is new content but to SOE's credit they did what is right and addressed the performance issues instead. Smedly said not to look forward to new content for a while due to this and so far the performance update was a huge success (in my experience.) I don't think that SOE has lead anyone on other than not revealing the big discount until the day of the sale (typical business behavior not out of the ordinary). Yeah they hyped it up and said they was very excited but the op SERIOUSLY got his hopes up .. way up. I don't see how that is SOE's problem. It reminds me of my friend who gets super hyped up for no reason especially when a movie is coming out that he is excited to see. once it is out and he finally sees the movie he says it is utter crap even when it was a great movie just because he psyched himself up so much his expectations just because way too unrealistic.

Yeah
  3. AuxiMoron

What about the whole Travis Manion thing? I paid fifteen bucks, got it into SC, and bought myself some crap...but I didn't get the decal. No one did. Naturally that makes me a bit worried about what actually happened to the very generous $1.50 SOE gave to the foundation from my $15 payment.
    • Up x 2
  4. Gammit

It's fine. Stop whining.
  5. ABATTLEDONKEY

Dont misunderstand please. I diddnt get my hopes up. I never expected anything. My contention with SOE, is NOT that i diddnt get the gift I wanted. It was that they mislead the community is a HUGE way. IMO the amount of the community that wanted this package was VERY small (different from those that capitalized on it). Its IMPOSSIBLE to have people asking for this since launch, since it was AVAILABLE at launch. People (a VERY small portion) requested this starting about 6 months ago when their alpha package ran out.

The problem isnt the lack of content release. we have all known about that since the road map became a joke, and the optimization patches became priority. This move on SOE's part, is just another in a long list of misleading comments, outright lies, and a demonstration of a HUGE disconnect from what the community wants. There is a list 100 items long that large groups of the community wants. there is this tiny tiny segment that actually wanted a booster, but when a dev says something like "we are excited to give you guys (implying a majority of the people they are addressing) something you have wanted since launch", I would consider that to be incredibly misleading, and dishonest. I suppose I just have a thing against lies and dishonesty. It seriously bothers the snot out of me to be lied to, or intentionally led astray.
    • Up x 1
  6. ABATTLEDONKEY

There is a HUGE difference between whining, and engaging in an honest discussion over valid complaints.
    • Up x 2
  7. MarvinGardens

Kind of wish the 6 month boost was by itself and cheaper. I already have all of the weapons in the bundle so I can't justify the cost of the bundle... Could just be me though. I honestly don't care about cosmetics items.
  8. Revanmug

Hey Moron, https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...-our-fallen-heroes.157000/page-6#post-2267844

Naturally, it is normal to have no idea what is going when you aren't even trying to follow.
  9. Metal Insomniac

I don't mind the new bundle, and the 2x XP is nice and all, but what I really want is them to fix the ******* game.

I don't mean the goddamn "optimization" patches. The first one didn't even do anything for my PC, sadly. I want them to balance the game, so it will actually be fun to play again. Watching ONE ZOE MAX wipe out 10-15 NC infantry without even getting down to 50% HP is just disgusting. Or watching a Prowler decimate air more effectively than a Skyguard, courtesy of the Vulcan and anchor + laser AP rounds.

I don't even care about new content at this point (sad, right?). I just want BALANCE. The game is grossly unbalanced right now, regardless of how hard you TR and VS try to hide it. As soon as the double xp is over, I'm out until they fix this ****.
    • Up x 1
  10. p1nkbr0

Are opinions allowed here? I'm afraid to share anything because people get so worked up...

I'll keep my lips sealed until it's safe[r].
  11. Bickdouglas

While I agree with you that performance was a major issue, I think Smed stopping work on everything else to focus solely on optimization was a pretty stupid move, especially when you consider how long they might drag this out for. The game should have been optimized prior to release, rather then still waiting on it a year later. So much for three continents a year.
    • Up x 1
  12. ABATTLEDONKEY

Pretty sure the I requested your opinions and thoughts in the OP (even the title says it). ALL opinions are Welcome here :)

even if they are wrong.......i keed, i keed
    • Up x 1
  13. p1nkbr0

everybody's opinions are correct... mine are just more correct. ;)
  14. AuxiMoron

15. vulcan78

I thought they were going to address the gross weapon imbalance issues, specifically the Terran Republicans weapons. Instead they think they are enticing me with an "Anniversary" bundle with a broken, UP weapon, the Striker? Hey if youre not actually going to give the Terran Republicans the long overdue arsenal-wide nerf we were expecting then how about making the Lancer capable of shooting through mountains and objects and removing 50% of a MBT's power with one 3 round salvo? (considering one 5 round Striker salvo does this to my Magrider AND can maintain lock through mountains and objects AND can fire off 5 rounds and reload as fast as the Lancer can 3 rounds). Sounds fair to me! Also, since the Terran Republicans are so repugnant about ZOE, for the sake of fairness make it so a Harasser equipped with a Vulcan has to activate a mode similar to ZOE, which makes it bright red and susceptible to 50% more damage if it wants to deliver the existing level of damage. If not, then it can just leave its equivalent of ZOE off and only deliver half of the damage it currently does. Same would apply to a heavy wielding a Striker. Want to deliver the existing level of damage, or 2500 HP via 5 rounds that can maintain lock even through terrain? Ok, then you glow bright red and take 50% more damage. Same for the Harasser with Marauder and Mosquito with Hellfire rockets and rotary. Want to deliver the existing level of damage output? Ok you glow bright red and take 50% more damage, otherwise your weapons ARE ON PAR WITH THE OTHER TWO FACTIONS.

Hey fair is fair right?

But this would only be a valid proposal if something like statistics reflect the imbalance and, oh I don't know, something like the Terran Republicans winning some sort of multi-week competition...

Oh wait a minute, the stats do bear this out and the Terran Republicans did nearly win an entire 6 week WDS pre-season with the last week won by the VS ONLY because of a change to the scoring system!

Check it out. I really dont think this is humorous. You fix the weapon imbalance or come December when my premium membership expires and all of the bugs are worked out of Battlefield 4 I am gone. Dead serious. I've absolutely had enough of your faction favoritism crap.
  16. doombro

Double XP. I'm pretty sure a good number of us were happy to get that.
  17. hawken is better

Oh ****, it's doombro. What's good?
  18. AdmiralArcher

i was pretty annoyed too, they could have at least released a new pistol or gun or something cool as a thank you to the players for spending tons of money on the game to give the devs jobs and money and a life while we sit an waste ours on a game..........
  19. Hobo Jack

Technically they are right on track ..
  20. Tenebrae Aeterna

A little melodramatic,

We know that they have been working on the optimization and pushed back everything in order to accomplish such, so it's possible that they did intend something entirely different and this Anniversary Pack was a last second choice in light of the fact that they had temporarily abandoned what they were actually plotting.

We got an optimization update, an anniversary pack, and double EXP that Luperza expressed might be extended due to server issues...if I remember correctly. That's not too shabby for a one year anniversary...even if the optimization should have been done from the get go.