I'M BACK ON PLANETSIDE! And also, click to learn why!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Benton582, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Benton582

After months of inactivity due to playing on HD4400, I finally quit. BUT NOW I AM BACK, after spending 260 dollars on a new ri- JUST KIDDING. Look here: http://imgur.com/ZXTIJwy

I finally got a eGPU running on my horrible M5-583P laptop by Acer. (I bet you guys are thinking how stupidly screwed up this is.) So I can finally play Planetside without getting abnormally pissed off that I can't play well. At all medium though, it runs at 45-80 FPS, 100% render, etc. Sucks that I lose 13% of the performance though. And probably a huge bottleneck from my i7-4500u. Still about 12x better than my HD4400 though. And it took one GPU fire to get it right. (BTW, this works on MOST computers, NOT ALL, it is assumed it can work on any laptop with a mPCIe port, but do your own research!)

So I am back into this great community! I hope to play with you all again soon!
    • Up x 2
  2. ArcKnight

welcome back, let us all embark to Auraxis and shoot each other up till we have more holes than swiss cheese

I won't be back till next year till my college days end
  3. EPIC389

I'm not sure swiss cheese is the right term. I've put enough bullets into someone that all should be left is their spine and whatever they ate for breakfast
  4. user101

Ok so the video card is as big as the laptop... and the power supply is even bigger... I gave you an A+ for effort.

You will make a great PhD some day....!
  5. Kdog559

Well welcome back and hope you enjoy your stay at the overpop TR motel on connery unless your going to a different server then you will be ok.
  6. Benton582

Well. It did have to be cost effective. A new desktop is pretty annoying to build, also buy with around 400-600.
    It's pretty much able to be easily removed and make the laptop mobile, within 2-3 minutes with inputting the Wifi card back. Moving the whole set would take 5-15 minutes though, plus static wrapping for good reason. Also, Devs made Planetside less GPU dependent, which makes matters much worse for me. My CPU can't catch up.