/ignore function

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LordCharlamane, Jan 16, 2013.

1. LordCharlamane

I hate to admit that I've tried using it half a dozen times now. Usually when someone is screaming in proximity or being a general ***.

Now my quandry is that the '/ignore Playername' function doesn't work. I get an error message everytime I use it. I did submit a bug report about it months ago but nothing seems to have changed.

And yes I checked my spelling a number of times on every occasion I've used it.

If I use the mouse-hover-over-the-player option yes it works. But it's fiddly.

So does it work for anyone else? Is there something very basic I seem to be missing when typing out this command?

And for the record this isn't the only command function I've had trouble with.
  2. Malonez

Working As Intended(TM)
  3. Dhart

My issue is that it works too well... someone recently ignored me... I thought that person had logged off, but actually they were still online and killed me 5s after I got the message "Player does not exist.

Frankly I'll just assume they do exist no matter what... I'd prefer the message "Player does not wish discourse" or something simliliar... than say they don't exist... that suggests (among my own faction) that they have logged off or no longer in the game.