If you use someone's stats as an argument...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Diamond Sword, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Diamond Sword

Realize that people's forum names are not necessarily any of their character names.

<- This is not my account or IGN except during one phase of beta.

Realize that the site updates infrequently for some accounts, too.

Also realize that is a straw man argument; knowing good tactics, design, etc doesn't necessarily mean one is physically capable of awesome. Example: I know to aim for the head, I just can't do it 100% of the time.
  2. Poobah

So, you're an armchair quarterback?

If you can't do something yourself, don't give other people advice on how to play.

Thanks.
  3. Spadar

Stats are relatively useless unless you intimately know how the person plays.

A decent pilot will have a much higher K/D than an infantrymen. Does it mean the pilot is better at the game? A pilot who exclusively plays in the air will have different stats than someone who plays a more varied style.
    • Up x 2
  4. Crywalker

I aim for the feet to trip people.
    • Up x 1
  5. VSDerp

My forum name is my ign..my stats arn't good because well im a DERP..
    • Up x 1
  6. The King

KDR means nothing, if people cared so much, they would be careful. I kill myself just to go to other places quick..
    + many people cannot run the game with high FPS.
    Since using my craptop for so long, I had a .5KDR
    Since I got a newer laptop, my KDR is going up a lot.

However, it is still meaningless.
  7. VSDerp

same here
  8. TheShrapnelKing

I can tell you what's bad about a game or movie without knowing **** all about making one. Just because you can't do something doesn't mean you can't tell when someone else is doing it wrong.
  9. Idono

I'm not shy of my stats and such. Forum name and ingame name are always the same in any game. I also never use my stats since some days i might feel like doing some more obscure stuff that completly screws up my stats. There are people that brag about their stats but can only perform verry limited tings. I tend to be an all around player and excell quite well att moste things.
  10. BigIronRanger

You do realise you can redeploy on the map screen bottom right corner
  11. Crywalker

Suicide is actually faster than redeployment.
    • Up x 2
  12. HyperMatrix

This is why I've been asking for separate Tank/Aircraft, and Infantry K/D ratio as it would be very helpful in tracking your own performance when compared to other people. I don't care if someone has a 20:1 k/d ratio if it's all from liberator gunning when their infantry k/d is just 1:1, for example. But it would be nice to be able to see that. And the new "XP Per Minute" stat SOE is showing is actually a terrible idea because standing some jobs are not as XP rewarding as others, while being significantly more important in the defense of or attack on a base.
  13. Crywalker

They could just get rid of public stats.

Since the objective of the game isn't getting a high K/D ration that's out. I agree XP per minute is impossible to judge anything from, sometimes achieving an important goal takes a long time - successful hacking in a crowded base for example, or taking a long route to flank. Plus people idle, it just happens. I've left the game on in a safe place to get food, alt tab and browse forums, etc. etc.

Don't think they can measure the value of any player via any stat, or even all stats.
  14. Sebastien

Pretty much. A plane can't storm a room, or cap a base.
  15. LameFox

Looking up my stats on PSU would suggest I'm still BR 27. o_O

I mean I don't use any boosts or anything, but damn...
  16. Diamond Sword

So you're against coaches?

Coaches tell the players what to do, and most of them could not physically play the game anymore due to age/injury.
  17. BlueyTheWolf

I love how people with 6 kdr mock me but have 10 defended Facilities compared to my 480
  18. The King

Doesn't it still kill you?
    I remember that it makes you go suicide?
    Still, it doesn't matter, I use that or /suicide
    I even crash my plane just to get to places.

As stated, KDR is meaningless.
  19. LameFox

You 'die', but it doesn't count as a death.
  20. Talizzar

Actually I think planes can or used to be able to cap some bases. I know that some places you used to be able to drive a tank close enough to the point to cap it, which is really silly.