If you use domain blacklists and launchpad stopped working

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Oldman, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Oldman

Planetside 2 launchpad (at least the Steam version) wants to contact domain "omniture.com" which can be found in several public domain blacklists. This was added some time around 11.12.2012, not sure about that, though.

If you have that domain blacklisted launcher gives you "4-404" error code. I'm sure the same error code can be seen for some other reasons as well, so it's not 100% certain that you have this problem if you see "4-404" error code.

Simply whitelist the domain if you can, or disable the blacklist and you can get back to gaming.
    • Up x 1
  2. Oldman

Another launcer fail. Now the launcher wanted to connect to domain "2o7.net". So right now my whitelist is as follows:

WHITE="omniture.com 2o7.net"

At this point I'm not sure if I'm just hitting a random log in problem that seems to clear out when I make changes to the router that makes the DNS poisoning.

I have however tested launching with and without the changes (with the appropriate router reboots and /flushdns) and the results have been consistent. No launch without the whitelist, and launch when the whitelist is in effect.

I just hope that I don't need to have a debugging session each time I try to launch the game. Any official response on this issue would be great.
  3. Dubious

Dont use fail programs like steam
  4. WacKo

[IMG]
  5. Mansen

Don't ignorantly assume that this is a Steam thing.
  6. Dubious

its always a Steam thing
  7. SkeilX

I get the same error downloading the game from planetside2.com and steam. So I doubt its just a steam thing.