If you think the weapon you are using sucks.....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Meeka

Yes. If you see an enemy spitfire guarding their Sunderer. Throw an EMP to disable it, go up to it, hack it... if your hack level is high enough you can hack it without an EMP before it kills you.
  2. Demigan

The babysitting problem stems from not being able to place more than one before having to resupply. If you can simply place more after it's destruction there is less to no need to babysit it, either by putting it on a cooldown of by allowing players to cert into carrying more. Then it suddenly becomes a nice added damage without doubling the Engineer's firepower or increasing the Turrets health to extremes as so many seem to want. Almost every statistic that is directly buffed on the Spitfire would make it OP, so we need to look at indirect buffs such as being able to place more.
    They could also add multiple states. First time you 'destroy' the turret it goes into a wreck state similar to Spear Turrets. An engineer can repair this wreck back up to a functional Spitfire. This wreck in turn can also be attacked to destroy the Spitfire permanently. This allows Engineers to use the Spitfire longer as cover as well as allowing the Engineer to focus more on the attack and less on the survival state of his Spitfire.

Strafe around it while hacking, this allows you to evade it's direct attack. Best way to do it is to start at the back of the turret and see where it turns. Keep in mind though that the turret is server-controlled and can actually be aiming somewhere else than the turret suggests. So if you are perpendicular to the front it might actually be looking and firing straight at you. That's why you start at the back, you've got the largest chance of not being in his sights regardless where the server has the turret actually look.
  3. BlueSkies

False. Spitfire is less likely to TK you.
    • Up x 2
  4. Atis

Not worthy of my glorious turret slot. Needs constant resupplying and disappears on class switch. I'd bought it if it worked like a mine.
  5. Scr1nRusher

Its more likely to TK itself.
  6. Zombo

it's rather funny though, the first days they introduced the Spitfire, i saw a battle where a jumping pad from a biolab was plastered with about 12-20 of those things, killing everything jumping to the base in an instant, until a max crash wiped them all up xD
  7. Scr1nRusher

Those poor souls thinking it would be good......
  8. ALN_Isolator

Everyone "defending" the spitfire has said it can do everything BUT kill people.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ronin Oni

Can confirm. The one thing a spitfire is more lethal than is random pubbies.
  10. Ronin Oni

Yeah?

And??

It's not supposed to. Not by itself.

Engineer w/ Carbine + Spitfire = Higher DPS than pretty much anyone else. (short of the up front alpha damage of OHK, slow RoF weapons... but if you let a PAS get in OHK range, or if you're trying to do this out in the open where BASRs rule the fight, you're a damn idiot)

Stop expecting an AI turret to play the game for you and you might do better
  11. Scr1nRusher

lol Ronin.

Are you really trying to imply if the spitfire was better it would be "godly"?
  12. Ronin Oni

Did I say godly?

No, don't believe I did.

I am implying people who want it better are scrubs who want free kills though.

It's precisely where it should be. It AUGMENTS your firepower. Also acts as a solid rear guard and warning.

It's only problem is lack of replacement. They need to either give infinite with a moderate CD (10s?) or at least increase # you carry (5?)
  13. HadesR

Will agree ...

The Spitfire ( outside it's HP ) is in an ok place atm ... And most don't get kills because of either Bad placement or being left to try to " solo " players ..

Is it useful everywhere ? Hell no ... But I have found places where it's very useful and it's 525 kills + God knows how many I got with it's assist shows it best used as a " pet " in certain places and situations ...

People just need to find them ;)
    • Up x 1
  14. Scr1nRusher

Before anything else.

It needs to be on a cooldown exactly like the other engineer turrets.

Also, what ever it spots should be spotted on the mini-map.
  15. Ronin Oni

No it doesn't, or people will sit behind cover just replacing them constantly without ever exposing themselves or doing anything else

A reasonable CD would make you think about it, and not throw it down in front of enemy fire intentionally. That's not how it should be used.

ALso unneeded. It beeps. It shoots. If that's not enough bloody notice for you then I don't know wtf would be.
  16. Scr1nRusher

Ronin.

Its ******* spitfire.

Giving it the same cooldown as the other engineer turrets will not make it abusable or insane.

Its very needed since it actually improves its usage.
  17. asmodraxus

Spitfire is still better than a PPA
  18. ALN_Isolator

True xD but not by much!
  19. CorporationUSA

I mostly agree. The repair mechanic wouldn't work, as you'd still be at a disadvantage by not being able to relocate the turret if the fight moves a bit. They should just put a cooldown on it and call it good. Alternatively, they could give the engineer more a finite supply of turrets, though I could see that being pretty inconvenient as well.
    • Up x 1
  20. Demigan

It wasn't just one or the other. Having a finite supply that you cert in combined with turrets going into a wreck state would work very well too.
    If these turrets are placeable as fast as the ordinary turrets they would be spammed too much, and even placed around corners just for some easy damage or forcing the enemy to spent some bullets. I have no intention to be finding a Spitfire on every corner, they have too much power for that. A cooldown would also mean that engineer groups with Spitfires become viable. Place 5 or so, hide nearby and wait for some kills to roll in. 5 spitfires would give you a TTK of below 1,5 seconds at max range (an estimate not a hard number, based on calculations I did a long time ago). Currently they take too much effort and once they start being destroyed your entire tactic stops being useful. But if you can simply replace them...
    Just think of 5 Engineers and 2 Medics. 5 Spitfires auto-kill the first guy in, the engineers provide support fire and cover (in the form of spitfires) and the medics keep them alive. Just imagine a small wall of spitfires to hide behind. It boosts the power of the engineers far beyond other classes. People already complain about Heavies getting 750 extra shield, these turrets give out 2000 health and keep blocking some bullets even after destruction... This is ofcourse not a supa-dupa trick or something, but it does boost the power of a small squad above that of the same group of Heavies or other classes mixed together.