If you override my revive's, I will shoot you.

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Darkian, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Darkian

As of late I have seen more and more medics stealing revives, you know who you are. Its very rude to steal the EXP from a player who needs the EXP to upgrade their tool, If you didn't reach the corpse first then it's not yours to revive.
    You might get away with it from some people, but be warned, I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I will stab your face and teabag your corpse several times if you try to override revives from me.

Sincerely,
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Medic.
  2. SirBurning

Team > you in person

As a team, my level 6 tool revive is far better for the team than your's , after all ,we try to win here. so DEAL WITH IT.
    Like its hard to get 170 certs to get your tool to lv 5?.

Far to many lv 1 XP farm medics around, can't take the risk of lame *** 20% revives, so I ALWAY revive any corpse i can find agian.
    To be sure.
    • Up x 2
  3. Jac70

I thought the 1st person to get the MedGun on a target got the rezz.
    • Up x 1
  4. ElectricEye

Jeez. Take a chill pill, dude. If I am a medic and I see a dead body on the ground (and it is safe to attempt), I will try and revive it. I'm usually paying more attention to what the enemy is doing than what my fellow medics are doing. I don't have a problem with other medics "stealing" revives as long as the revives are happening.
    • Up x 1
  5. Compass

This is the reason why I respawn with 20% of my health and get shot as soon as I stand up.
  6. bobby_m

Did they change something so I can finally do proper work, that these level 2/3 medics just can't?
    I would be semi fine with the guy that started the rez getting normal XP while I add my speed and 100% revive and get a small bonus.
    Low level medics really stop the flow of combat! And they stop me from helping, which is even worse.
    • Up x 2
  7. Darkian

I don't use a level 1 tool, by all means I have actually invested as many certs as possible without taking away from other things I need from the medic class, I believe my tool is rank 3 or 4, but regardless, by stealing revives, you are preventing that person from getting EXP that will help them get a better revive tool.

Ignorance of the fact that someone already tried to revive someone is sometimes okay, but it is unacceptable for someone to sit and watch you revive someone, then immediately steal it from you. Instead of reviving the other 4-5 dead people nearby, he would rather steal the one I am trying to revive. This argument that the level 6 tool is better is only true if there is one corpse, but when there are many and you are stealing the one ore two that a mid level medic is trying to revive instead of picking up the other corpses is just being an *******.

If another person comes up and trys to revive them before they accept the first medics revive, it overrides the previous medics revive.

I would be fine with that as well as long as I still get exp. Even though I may not have a maxed out tool, it's not right to decide that medics without maxed tools don't deserve to revive players, as I said before, by stealing a revive you are helping your team in the SHORT RUN, but by letting lower tier medics get revives you are helping your team in the LONG RUN, because the more exp they get, the more points they will spend upgrading their medic tool (Hopefully.)
  8. BCKrogoth

Well, OP, I guess there's only one response to this...

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  9. SirBurning

No I don't mean it like that. If there is alot of dead guys, a 20% revive is better than no revive. I'm talking about seeing somebody with an unaccepted revive somewhere, I'll revive him agian, just to be sure, not when a other medic has just ressed him (unless it takes a really long time indicating its 20% ress).
    And ye, good of you to cert into med-tool. To many people stay at lv 1 and just play medic for the exp.
    SOE needs to fix this, giving lv 6 equal exp to lv1 ress + heal. Or something.
    • Up x 1
  10. Darkian

Who would ruin a perfectly tasty chicken by putting a fish in it.

P.S, I am dealing with it :) by murdering anyone who dares to steal my revives.
    • Up x 1
  11. Daejin

The problem here is, any level medic gun can steal any revive.

This is how it works: If 2 medics rush a corpse to revive it, the first one who triggers the revive process will get the revive. After 3 seconds of finishing a revive, any other medic can come along and "revive" the corpse again, even if the dead player has not declined the first initial revive. (Also note: The level of the medic gun that preformed the last revive will decide the % health the revived player gets.) You can tell if a medic has attempted to revive a corpse, because the corspe will shift into a position where it looks like (s)he is about to attempt to stand up. (Usually rolls over onto their front side and places both hands on the ground, lifting there chest 2-3 inches off the ground.)

The only thing I don't know is, "If they dead player declines the revive, do they go back to the dead position, or do they remain in the "attempting to be revived" position?"
  12. Lubbe

Overriding someones revive with low rank medi tool is not only greedy but stupid considering the person will spawn with less than 75% hp or less.They could fix this simply by only 1 revive at the time meaning the one first to revive get the bonus, This will obvious favor people with max medi tool as it should since the person spent more than 500 cert to get maxed
    • Up x 1
  13. 0ReferenceException

I revive everyone I see, no matter who revived them previously (unless there are multiple corpses then I obviously rez the others first before coming back to the first). Hell, I even revive the same person 2-3 times if there is no good reason not to (such as enemies to kill or other corpses). Of course I also have an upgraded med tool so it's nearly always better to be revived by me then some BR1 noob.

Feel free to shoot me if it makes you feel better about yourself. I'll simply wait for the revive or respawn - it's not like there's a death penalty.

I find these people funny that always use "I'll kill you" as some ultimate threat to stop people doing something they perceive as "unfair". Please, be my guest.
    • Up x 2
  14. PEETREE

• Up x 2
  15. Captain Sandwich

"I want my team to survive so I'm going to shoot you in the face!"
    wut
    • Up x 1
  16. NullPointer

OP, this ^.

Just deal with it. Get over your sense of entitlement.

We medics want to help our team. If you think shooting players who you "perceive" to be "stealing", then do so but you are only demonstrating your own selfishness. Namely, you care more about your exp than helping your team as killing one of your team's medics cannot be construed as teamwork.

Also, I think you are inappropriately attributing malice to other medics. My impression (and judging by my own behaviour as a medic) is that other medics are not trying to steal from you but rather just want to help their team. What matters is the dead guy revives. Who cares who gets the XP? It's not like there isn't plenty to go around.
  17. Prudentia

simple solution: make the highest tier medgun get the revive, if you have a lower tier than the guy that revived him first, he can't do anything.... problem selved, everyone is happy, you get your points (you tried to rez him, you get your points, nothing against that), your dead fellow can fight again and the enemy can get more hitmarkers because there are more targets: winwinwin situation
    • Up x 1
  18. JDCollie=VX9=

I am all for "The one who revived first gets the XP, but person revived gets the benefit of the highest tool used on them."

Personally, I don't think those of us with level 6 tools would get screwed out of much XP. We can still rez much faster from much farther away, meaning we will still get more XP than those with level 1 tools, but the level 1 tool guys will still get some XP too, and the soldiers being revived aren't being punished for accepting revives from newbies.
  19. centurionvi

This is why I stopped playing Medic. Its gotten to the point where friendly medics won't revive me so they can have the heal/revive points all to themselves.
  20. Helwyr

Wow is this community going down the toilet fast. Shooting team mates for "stealing" your revive...o_O I support some of these ideas in prioritizing higher level revives or giving the revived player an informed choice, but TKing people...

It seems even SOE's generous love towards support classes like the Medic can backfire, now the poor genuine support guy has to deal with exp farmers TKing him for trying to revive a team mate because the EXP farmer thinks it's stealing "his revive", which was probably a worthless level 1 revive to begin with. I've even seen Medic players deliberately kill teammates to then revive them for exp.