If you aren't going to nerf the VS LMGs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ALN_Isolator, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Isokon

Being better than option A and worse than option B is not what "the best of both worlds" means. If you can discount the FSRM, I can discount the hipfire. ;)
    Besides, the MSW-R can more or less match the Orion with the laser sight, since it gets a higher relative benefit from it.
    Basically better hipfire and 0.75 compared tot he MSW-R, while the TR get better ADS accuracy and softpoint. I don't see much of a balancing problem.

You could argue that VS should have something other than the Orion as a starter (or the TR something other than the CARV). Many beginners don't really benefit from the 100 round magazine since they die too fast. The NC needing a different starter than the SAW is pretty much universally agreed on (my favourite would be the GD-22S)

Oh and if what TR and NC have been complaining about all over the forums is true, Orion stats are pushed by experienced NC/TR players switching to VS in high numbers. :D
    • Up x 1
  2. CMDante

Except that the FSRM is in between the CARV and the MSW-R. The hipfire is better than either.
    I've said a few times that the VS should start with the Pulsar, since it's billed as the most versatile one anyways. I think we wouldn't see Orions saturated so hard if they were just given a more defined role. TR and NC LMGs are pretty much all locked into one range/type of play, it would make sense to do the same with VS instead of having one weapon that's an almost universally better option.
    • Up x 1
  3. Naphemil

but what if it turns out that the .75 ADS isn't what makes the orion 'op'. then more **** will be cried about and we'll loose even more of the weapon to the nerf callers. Why wouldn't you fight to keep your weapon operational?
  4. Goretzu

It's context really, the VS HA isn't "overpowered", however the VS HA is seemingly overperforming noticably.

The strange thing is the DBG should know exactly why, yet even they don't seem to know (given the on off nature of the LMG changes).
  5. Cyrek

I have a in game solution for .75 ads players, its called hipfiring with LS, and wow you fire at 1.0 movement speed! very OP!
  6. Naphemil

I really believe that this recent patch was either rushed or these fools really **** every thing up because what I heard was they added some things that weren't even suppose to be in this patch. Everyone has something that over performs to the VS version of whatever that may be, it's just the VS are so hated due to the stupidity of the people running this game we are now the scapegoats for any and all who feel the need to rage on the forums.
  7. Goretzu

It's the curse of the Friday patch, every time they do a Friday patch it ends up broken.

I dunno about that though, VS HAs signficantly overperform TR & NC K/D ratio-wise (or have), now that's now the same thing as "overpowered", but it does look a bit imbalanced somewhere or other.
  8. MikeyGeeMan

I would fight only if it was fair. But we will never know now that Dasanfail stats are gone and all the data used is wiped. Now we need to take whomever makes the changes word for it .

And that's never been how the balancing works. It's tweak and review tweak and review. Vs has had its run now it's time to bring it all back into balance. Tr had the same thing happen to them. Welcome to the club.

Short list of tr nerfs
    Lynx
    Jaguar
    Vulcan
    Striker
    All default arms during the twitch mechanic changes
    Fractures
    Pounders
    Banshee
    Rocket pods
    Frag grenades
    T9carv

It's a very large list. All because the vs cried. So excuse me if I don't shed a tear for the vs .
  9. Naphemil

2 years and VS HA has been fair up until now that a select few whiners have taken to the forums in their little crusade against the .75 ADS on a few of our LMGs. It's not the problem, it'll be a bandaid for those whiners and then when it's run its course they will come steaming back here to pick another stat that needs to be nerfed. Nerf calling never works.
  10. Scr1nRusher

If 0.75 ADS doesn't matter & you don't rely on it, what do you have to fear if its removed?
  11. SwornJupiter

Honestly, if a bandaid shuts up the crusaders, I say give it to them.
  12. Naphemil

what are you talking about? Do you have selective reading? Are you blind? Can you not comprehend what I wrote?

2 years and VS HA has been fair up until now that a select few whiners have taken to the forums in their little crusade against the .75 ADS on a few of our LMGs. It's not the problem, it'll be a bandaid for those whiners and then when it's run its course they will come steaming back here to pick another stat that needs to be nerfed. Nerf calling never works.

read it again and tell me why I care about .75 ADS on VS LMGs....
  13. Scr1nRusher

You "don't care" because you figure people will complain about something else after that.
  14. Naphemil

*sigh* you're hopeless, You're like a child who reads something and takes it an entirely different way than what it really means....
  15. Scr1nRusher

Relax & shave your beard.
  16. ALN_Isolator

Kids! KIDS! All that needs to be said is this: Some Vanu LMGs are better than other faction LMGs and you have no valid arguments to suggest otherwise. They are very accurate and lack recoil, which is balanced by lower magazine sizes across the board, and this is FINE. But for the life of us we can't figure out why some of them ALSO have 0.75 ADS because they have no traits to compensate for that and HA players on other factions have only one 0.75 ADS option in the LMG category the NS15M (second lowest primary weapon TTK in the game mind you) and 0.75 ADS is a NS trait, not Vanu.
  17. Isokon

Wait, Frag grenades are TR exclusives and got nerfed because of the VS? How did that happen?
    Also, do you mean the flinch mechanic, when you write twitch mechanic? Because it's the NC that pushed for that change, since the old mechanic was biased in favour high RPM weapons, which the NC has relatively few of.
    Rocket Pods got nerfed across all empires, how is that the fault of the VS?
  18. SamReye

Here we go again

:confused: