If the LMG changes are so problematic, its time to introduce new attribute breakpoints.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by WalrusJones, Jun 4, 2015.

1. WalrusJones

Namely, a .625 ADS movespeed modifier could do the game wonders.

Now, from a statistics standpoint:

.625 ADS movespeed would still feel 25% faster then .5 ADS movespeed. Much more reasonable then the 50% jump that .75 ADSMS often causes.

Now, having an in-between value like this has its advantages:

It allows for more diversity then currently is available.

It allows for a more familiar experience/practice when it comes to fighting high ADS speed opponents. Creating a bridge between the huge skill gap of being able to fight a .5 ADS speed opponent, and a .75 ADS speed opponent.

The disadvantages of introducing such a breakpoint would be:

Mobility would still be a variable attribute.
    • Up x 1
  2. Cinnamon

Introduce .4 movement speed and give it to many LMG as a default then change Orion, SVA and NS15 to .5.
  3. WalrusJones

Well, the next logical breakpoints would either be .4, or .375.
  4. Akashar

This should have been present from the start, with a great variety of it, depending on the weight/ergonomy of the weapon.
    Something like:
    Rocket launchers, sniper rifles: 0.25
    Shotguns, LMGS, battle rifles and scout rifles: 0.4
    Carbines, AR: 0.5
    SMGS: 0.75
    Pistols: 0.80
    And these values could be tweaked for each weapon, the orion could have a 0.6 ADS speed for example, while other lmg could have 0.5, or 0.3 depending on its role. This would add more diversity to the game.
  5. WalrusJones

A reminder: This solution still exists if you feel that there was an overnerfing.
  6. UnpopularOp1n1on

I have no problem with buffing Damage, CoF, reload speed, what ever needs to be done.

The FACT that the VS are the ONLY race that gets to do the F-ing Boston shuffle (constantly) drives me up the wall. Who cares how accurate my gun is compared to the VS weapons when they dodge every bullet anyway! It's BROKEN and needs to go.

PLEASE LIMIT The .75 ads to NS weapons. It would give them a unique feel and EVERY faction can use them!
  7. Stormsinger

A slight improvement for CoF / Projectile velocity for the affected weapons would be fine with me. Removing .75 ADS universally among LMGs would be fine with me as well, provided it remain / be added for pistols in general. Heck, add in a "Mobility Enhancement Field" as an option for the same slot as overshields (To restore .75 ADS to any heavy, any faction that thinks the tradeoff is worth it) - Problem solved. Everyone can have .75 ADS with LMGs if they want it, but at a cost. Balance LMGs with other stats, perhaps add in some ES weapon attachments to further customizability where appropriate.
    • Up x 1
  8. Scorpion97

VS have to keep their agility,hence we can suggest those LMGs to be mobile in another way to make u sprint faster for example on the cost of removing .75
  9. WalrusJones

Of course, we haven't even seen what .625 movespeed weapons even look like.
  10. UnpopularOp1n1on

Meh... Fallout 4 is coming out Doom as well, bunch of games at E3 no need to waste my $$$ on garbage that won't get fixed because VS can't deal with not being OP 100% of the time.

I'm out. Sub canceled.
  11. Garrum

No, bro, you can't leave us. Don't go. Without you around, who will be left to pretend that VS gear is OP?

Oh, wait. There's a lot of people that pretend VS gear is OP. You may go now.
  12. Scorpion97

Just becouse he's leaving doesn't mean we will feel pity about it,probably he's one of those guys I mean lots of NC guys who want their enemies to have flat-out weps to be defeated
  13. Synthrall