[Suggestion] Idea how to solve the G2A lock on balance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Col_Jessep, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Col_Jessep

What if there was a system that adds a radar scrambler system to your ESF and increases the lock on time significantly? The downside:
    It only fits into your rocket pod slot and only works for your ESF!

This means you have to decide if you want to deal lots of damage or if you want to fly without constant lock ons. You can't have both at the same time. It will allow ESF pilots to dogfight/scout in peace and infantry/tanks on the ground only have to deal with the ESF cannon. The cannon is harder to use than rockets and any cover will make you next to immune to it as infantry. No LOLspamming. If your G2A launcher doesn't lock on you don't have to fear to stand in a cloud of fire and shrapnel the next second.

The cert pricing should be low, no higher than 100 to make this system available to new pilots.
    (I recently made a VS and TR character to compare ESFs and in my experience you can't fly without getting lock on warnings constantly. It was very obnoxious without flares and I was just flying around picking some fights with other ESFs or ghostcapping. It must be HORRIBLE for new pilots who still struggle with the controls!)

Please try to keep this a constructive threat. I want to find a solution that will work for both sides!