Iconic Factionweapons along with an LMG.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by McFace, Dec 9, 2012.

1. McFace

What made HA versatile in PS1 was the ability to carry 2 Big Guns at the same time, in whatever combination you wanted. (Of course you could have a 3. in your backpack but meh...)

As it goes pretty much all of the Faction weapons (Lasher, MCG, Jackhammer) suck if its your only weapon to fight other Infantry in all situations, but they all do have some strong points. These strong points are bound very tightly to specific situations. So my idea would be to allow the HA to use these weapons in the tool slot or even the secondary slot (which imo would be OP, but you can discuss if you want to...) so the big 3 will actually get an opportunity to be useful.
  2. FallenArchon

If you get second main weapon you have to use rocket slot
  3. VKhaun

I don't like it.

If it were a PS1 setup I'd agree, and I'd prefer a PS1 setup, but that's not the world we live in.

With a class system the HA needs to have it's own guns with it's raised defense to define it's role. If they could bring any type of gun the whole system would change from picking a class, to giving up the heavy assault's defenses to get some kind of tool. It wouldn't have a role anymore like area denial and rockets, it would just be the best at everything with no utility.
  4. Zaik

Yep. There's been threads bringing up moving heavy weapons to slot 3 pretty much ever since the day they were released. I'm assuming they're eventually going to get around to fixing them all, though sometimes I wonder if they're not just considering the idea totally broken and trying to distance themselves from it.

Pretty sure they were initially intended to slow your character down(there was a suit cert to reduce "movement speed penalty with heavy weapons" that existed but was never enabled in beta) but be completely superior to other infantry weapons. They ended up never putting a movement speed penalty on them, but releasing the jackhammer as a OHK death machine with a burst fire mode that could kill a MAX in two clicks, and the MCG had a significantly faster refire time than it does now(I think 60ms, and now it's 72 or 78ms?). That didn't work out for obvious reasons, so I guess they decided to break them all until they figure out what to do with them.
  5. LEeew

Can carry another Heavy weapon. instead of rocket launcher. if wanted.
  6. McFace

no you cant, but thats exactly what i think would be nice
  7. Turiel =RL=

So what? That is the trade-off. HA should be able to carry 2 weapons of choice. That's the point behind the old exo-suit after all.
  8. Unmovingtarget

wonder if they would let us ditch the pistol for a extra clip of lmg rounds?
  9. Ghoest

I agree we should be allowed to swap out the rocket for a different HA weapon if we want.
  10. Azren

Why not let us put LMG, ES weapon, rockets in the same slot?

This way we could carry AV and AA rockets at the same time, but had to use the pistol for everything else.

Likewise, we could carry a short and long range LMG at the same time.

Sounds fun to me.