I, Zerg

Discussion in 'Cobalt (EU)' started by SharpLight, Jun 1, 2013.

1. SharpLight

The I, Zerg outfit is for those who want to participate in big battles. Its aim is to mitigate the worst aspects of a zerg by:
    1. organized transport (no one left behind).
    2. squad beacons.
    3. air units patrol and keep watch not camp the spawn room (will be notified of capture 1 min & 30 sec in advance).
    4. diversified classes (make sure ammo & healing are there).
    5. engaged leaders via text chat.
    6. extensive use of waypoints (to mark targets, etc).
    7. extensive use of voice commands.
    For now I will be leading all the platoons until there are more experienced members, I will not take the platoon into Bio Labs or big facilities (Tech Plants & Amp Stations) without overwhelming superior numbers & firepower. The platoon will be mostly joining the normal zerg, until we can field four full squads and be an independent zerg.

We will be trying to do one thing that random zergs fail at and that is to retreat, we will abandon positions attacked by a strong enemy to take up defensive positions (in facilities with turrets & tank spawn). The direction of the platoon will not always be forward towards the enemy Warpgate as that usually leaves the zerg in an exposed salient, expect to reverse direction and take a long detour but there won't be sudden shifts of the waypoint leaving people stranded (transport will be organized).

The platoon will not be obsessive about capturing territories, defending is also a valid target. On the other hand the platoon may abandon a hard-won Bio Lab and make a hasty departure.This is where my own strategic evaluation comes into play, I won't hurdle headfirst into the enemy gate but will make sure territories are systematically captured reducing the enemy's control percentage.

All I, Zerg squads will be open to the public and a certain enforcement will be necessary for those who do not respond to multiple requests to follow orders or decide to question the orders, they will be kicked.

I appreciate all feedback, after all decisions might be build on wrong information, but there is no time for the platoon leader to explain "why" he did something, a simple statement of fact (e.g. "they are attacking from the south") or opinion ("we should defend the south gate") once is always acceptable but not repeated questioning (e.g. "Why are we not defending the south gate?"). If you don't agree with the direction of the platoon leader you can quit the platoon, but repeated questioning of orders will not only get you kicked from the platoon but also the outfit.

Conditions for joining:
    1. Battle Rank 10 or above.
    2. Play with the outfit platoon.
    3. Follow orders.
    4. communicative (either via chat or voice commands) & responsive.

If you think this type of gameplay is suited to you (you can always tag along to try it out, squad will be named "I, Zerg - CONTINENT") please add me as a friend and I'll invite you to the outfit.

Outfit Ranks:
    • Zergling
    • Zerger
    • Zerg Squad
    • Zerg Platoon
    • Zerg
    The first two will be for normal members, a Zergling will be promoted to a Zerger after repeated participation with the outfit platoon & notice by the outfit leaders. Zerg Squad for those members experienced enough to lead a squad and the same for Zerg Platoon. Zerg is reserved for the founder (another Zerg will be appointed in case of extended break).

The outfit tag is [SHRP] only because [ZERG] was already taken :(.

PS: It's I, Zerg not iZerg :cool:
  2. SharpLight

The outfit's tag is now [IZRG].

This is a recording of this afternoon's activity:

• Up x 2
  3. TundraNC

Hi there I, Zerg. I'm not an applicant but just want to say good luck recruiting!

I like the rank names "Zergling" and "Zerger", but you could consider changing the other 3 to "Inzergent", "Bezerger" and "Zergmaster". I've thought a bit about these names because "Zerg", "Zerg Squad" and "Zerg Platoon" are all names for groups of players, rather than one individual. Your outfit though, of course!
  4. SharpLight

Thanks!

Well "Inzergent" is more a name for the NC than the well disciplined TR ;). You are right I am using group names for individual ranks, that is a deliberate choice; thanks for the suggestions anyway.
  5. TundraNC

Hahaha, NC? Undisciplined? We'll be seeing you on the battlefield. IZRG. Watch out for the SATD.
  6. dymm

I like your approach. Seriously :)
    Good luck and many patience

PS. According to your kb, you are online at the same time as me, but have never seen "I Zerg" in the squads list. When do you organize this commonly?
  7. SharpLight

Most times the squad is not open, like the squad in the video was only outfit members and a couple of friends. If you want to join the squad only, then add me as a friend and you can send me a message when I am online and I'll invite you to the squad.
  8. dymm

Hmm..
    After reading the wall of text I imagine about controlled zerg, i.e. random people, without personal responsibility (well, not everyone, let's say, adequate and motivated players). That is interesting.
    And you say about closed team.
    Have I failed to understand your point? :)
  9. SharpLight

As I said I'll send you an invite to the squad if you want, I'll not refuse anyone because they are not member of the outfit but I might not enable recruitment all the time (for example we might be in a Lib flying around, no point in letting people join when the wp keeps jumping from place to another).

There is also the possibility that I am on the server but there is no squad, we are still a new outfit with not many players. Yesterday I ended up leading a very organized squad (first in a platoon then by itself) but I didn't not put the 'I, Zerg' name on it because it was not my squad. One last possibility is that the squad is open to the public, but full so it wouldn't show up in the list.

I wrote above that the squad will always be open so future members would understand that we will be running open squad, in practice public recruitment is not always enabled. If you want to join us, then add me as a friend so you can see when I am online.
  10. SharpLight

Oh man, you pulled an inception on me; I tried to resist the idea as long as I could, but...anyway here are the new ranks names:

• Zerg Squad => Zergist
    • Zerg Platoon => Zergteer
  11. Grippt

Hey guys, i´ll played with you; SharpLight for 10min ago, and really want to try a outfit.
    Your rules, and how to play the game are very cool, and cant wait to try it.
  12. SharpLight

Great! add me as a friend and next time I log-in I'll send you an outfit invite.