[Suggestion] I would love to see empire specific Lightning weaponry.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by entity009, Sep 18, 2016.

1. entity009

I would love to see Empire variant Minitank cannons. Maybe 1 cannon for each empire that is an all-arounder (not AV or AI). It would be nice to eventually see AI and AV weapons but 9 new weapons is a bit hard to beg for. I would also love to see ES weaponry for all of the vehicles lacking some Empire flair. The Sundy, The Vaulk and the Liberator would all be more interesting if they were not limited to stock NS type weaponry.

I realize something like this would be a major addition but it would add a lot to the game and can be done one vehicle at a time.
    • Up x 1
  2. Newlife1025

I would ike to see a railgun for nc lightning instead lf handicapping with shotguns.
    • Up x 1
  3. oTec

I think the whole point of the lightning is, that it is the NS tank. Same model is sold to all factions with no exceptions.
  4. entity009

Meh NS is crap. I hate NS guns because I feel like when I use them I give away anything that makes my current empire unique.
    • Up x 1
  5. Pikachu

Wanted since release. Nothing new, like most suggestions.
  6. rahte

I DO NOT WANT ANY EMPIRE SPECIFFIC WEAPONRY ON LIGHTNING.... never ever never....

...If I do understand the concept of killing the game which have completly no competition...:

TR would get: Vulcan pin point accurate on any rage, balanced with larger clip.
    VS would get: Laser beam weapon, balanced with no bullet drop.
    NC would get: guided missiles with range of entire 20 meters, balanced with lack of guidance and bullet drop....or something equaly
    useless.

... no I do not like of Empire Specific Weapons on Lightning.
  7. CMDante

We need empire specific everything. But that's a dark path, the second a faction gets anything remotely decent the other two will whine it into oblivion. Such as it is, such as it will always be.
    • Up x 1
  8. LaughingDead

ES is what the entire game should be about. What's the point of ES when everyone gets the same thing? There shouldn't be an ES anything except maybe liberators because fubbing that up with one weapon could cause the game a massive setback.

Like even NS vehicles can get ES flavor to them, harassers are incredibly differentiated by what weapons their empire gives them. A canister harasser is far better at hitting ranged targets than a marauder and god forbid PPA, sarons and gatekeepers are great on harassers since you either just keeper range or you have the versatility to do close and long range (don't see enforcer often though).

The model does WORK and some weapons need tuning because some are far more effective than others or less effective (PPA dur) but the point is it does work.
  9. rahte

Ok... I am really surpriced that You havent noticed that it was irony....

Well.... how about balance of that kind:

TR: Vulcan with large bullet drop, and mag which will enoguh to kill flash, but not harrasser
    VS: Plasma beam (real plasma) with a range of 0,5 meters
    NC: Railgun, with damage higher than tank, high vellocity, no bullet drop, and high mag, and fast reload???
  10. entity009

So we should not have unique weaponry because people will cry about any perceived imbalance? That is the crap answer. People complain about everything. Balance by giving everyone the same weaponry is super lame and uninteresting.

Put it on the test server and test the crap out of it first.
  11. asmodraxus

Empire A gets a slow reloading highish damage with a terrible drop
    Empire B gets a rapid fire weapon with meh damage but good DPS
    Empire C gets a charged shotgun style weapon that does meh damage at range but good damage up close, except when charged it does medium damage at range and omg wtf damage at close range...

Feel free to insert empires.

One empire invariably gets boned in the ES weapons, hence the need for NS.