I think this is all this game will ever be....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Arsinek, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Arsinek

So I used to think PS2 was after a couple years going to become a good game but Im starting to doubt that now. I dont think this game is going to grow. I think its only going to shrink from here on out. The fact that the next patch is about optimization makes me wonder. Unless its all about making this game for consoles and then theyll go back to adding content which might be the case. But from a PC perspective the game ran fine, what its lacking is content. PS2 still has no metagame. Its still just a giant game of team death match which is boring as hell. And I dont see it really changing from that. Its never going to be a strategic war with an overall objective. The fact they released the game with absolutely no point makes me think they never intended for it to be anything more than a giant TDM anyway.
  2. VSDerp

well every other shooter is basically TDM. Millions of people play them non stop. but everybody has their opinion and i respect yours.
  3. Some1

No it didn't...

the game is playable now (depending on what your definition of playable is) but now it is mostly network performance that is holding it back.
    • Up x 1
  4. The Shermanator

Yeah, seriously. I don't understand what it is with people saying 'the game runs fine.' No, it doesn't. One of the biggest complaints when the game came out is that it ran horribly. Just as people got fed up and started leaving for that reason, we started hearing about it less and less for obvious reasons.

Of course, as much as I will enjoy better performance, I doubt it'll bring half of those players back.
  5. anchorman

Planetside 2 does have a needed wish

1. better balance on populations and some weapons
    2. more fps and better hit detection which their working on now
    3. more content

That being said their is not many other games out their that can touch what SOE has pulled off with planetside 2 so I think the population will come back if O.M.G.F turns out to be a success and they start working on number 1 and 3 on the list
    • Up x 1
  6. Solo59486

It hasn't even been a year yet since PS2 came out... but if you've been with it since beta, I guess. I don't know how long PS2 has been around then.
  7. Luighseach

Look at the Roadmap. Things are coming it will just take time. I'm glad they are working on optimization even if it is late to the show. The game just needs time. Unfortunately today's gamers don't have the patience to stay with games. Call it entitled or call it something else. Is PS2 a good game, I think so. Does it have tons of problems? Yes. Will those problems get fixed? With a enough time.

If you think PS2 is fun but needs a lot of work then do not give up on it but help it. The game does not need boycotts and people saying they won't buy anything till something is fixed. They need to spend money and to keep the game developing and keep it alive so they can enjoy it for years to come. Just have faith that they will fix the problems and make sure you get your voice heard.
  8. BITES

As a player connecting to a server more than 12,000 kms (or 7500 miles for the yankees), and having no real issue with lag/netcode I call bullsh!t.
  9. Luighseach

Still around a year if with Beta. I think development wise its only been a few years and most of that was spent on the Forgelight engine and that was because it was an engine that SOE was going to use for all their future games.
  10. MilitiaMan

I am still waiting on Hossin before I return to more of a full time state.

I am just honestly a little burned out since this is all I played since release pretty much with a few other games thrown in.

PS2 is still my "Go to" for my FPS fix and probably always will just like PS1 was for me back in the day.

I am like a cat with this game, I leave for a little bit but always return....Unless the drunk driver hits me.
  11. Czuuk

We have bots now. Nice possible balance there if the lower faction people could call in a bunch of sharp shooting bots. ;)