I think that Hossin will be the only viable battleground

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Amnoon, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Amnoon

I know that is early to speak and generalize but i have been playing these days and i have noticed that: Amerish, Esamir and Indar al always locked (and if some one doesn't, people just don't use to fight there, they follow the action, and the action is in Hossin). Hossin is where people will fight even if some other continent is unlocked because it will be empty an no one want to conquer bases without resistance (just 1 - 12 battles); so the empty continent will be locked for one of the factions but no one have actually fight for it. Besides, wining an alert will contribute to this, is excessive for me to lock an entire continent just by winning an alert. There will be no time to fight for him. If you have a little advantage you will lock the entire continent (if i have understood the mechanic correctly).

I really love this mechanic but i am really worried to will not be able to battle in the old continents.

PD: I am a Ceres player, maybe this only happens in this server.
  2. Spectre 694

Just wait till Hossin craze dies down... then it will be back to Indar and 1 changing flavor of the day continent.
    • Up x 1
  3. TommyXXL

the 2 continents on ceres that are locked were captured when there were at most 100 players online. really great system!
    • Up x 3
  4. volth

Yea Amerish have been locked for 12+ hours now and Indar almost 12 hours on Ceres. Biggest problem is that Ceres is almost empty from 2am to 6pm so its easy to lock continents that time (but boring).

But I think that peoples going to quit playing PS2 if SOE cant fix continental lock so it works good. I cant play on Hossin my eyes hurt and i get a headache when i play there. So its only a empty Esamir left then.
    • Up x 1
  5. Plunutsud pls

Hossin is new and it's perfect for infantry, cover everywhere.

Tankers and pilots probably want Indarside back.
  6. Alizona

Yeah, Vanu captured Indar on Connery within a few hours of Hossin being opened up. I was pretty shocked but since they only give population in percentages, I couldn't tell how many players it actually was that did it. I figured it had to be a small number since many assumed the update would take many hours and it didn't, it caught a lot of folks off guard, I'm sure.

P.S. I really don't care much about locked continents right now because I am smitten with Hossin, it's new, it's different and it's interesting, not the "same old same old" places to battle at. But I'll never be the type of person to refuse to play if certain continents are locked, that seems kind of a silly attitude to me.
    • Up x 1
  7. Amnoon

But the problem that i see is that maybe indar o the continent that you want to fight for is locked (and maybe it was easy locked by few people) so you will desist and fight where the action is, in Hossin. For example yesterday i saw that amerish was empty and unlocked and no one was really fighting for him and later it was locked by Vanu just because an alert.
  8. TommyXXL

this so called continent locking is good on paper, but was rushed like all other things in planetside. easiest way to fix it is to make continent locking available only when the population on the server is high, that way you prevent ghostcaping done by a few trolls that will affect the prime time population.

same cover as on amerish? any skilled lolpodder knows that the best cover for air is the cover that was imagined by the great minds at soe as cover for infantry.

2 continents will always be locked, one will turn into an "indar" and one will always be empty like always.
    • Up x 1
  9. ironeddie

Right now with the 25%xp boost and just the fact hossin is new most people will play there. Give it a few weeks and I think the players will spread out more onto the other unlocked continent. Sure alerts will probably draw players to the continent it's on. But alerts have always had that effect.

That said playing last night on woodman I hopped off of hossin to indar (amerish and esamir locked) to see how busy it was and still found a good battle.
  10. Amnoon

I think that the continent locking is too easy now, you should arrive at the enemy wargate to conquer the continent. Like this maybe we can avoid the auto continent locking when the continent is empty.
    • Up x 2
  11. Plunutsud pls

There's a lot more cover than on Amerish.

I played on Hossin for 2 hours last night and only saw 3 ESFs, 1 of them went so low that I blew him to bits with a Walker in seconds.
  12. Amnoon

Yes but i think that the: win alert = continent locked is excesive for me. This will just reward the auto locking for the empty continents.
  13. volth

NC on Ceres now have both -50 Airforce cost and -50 infantery cost lol, How shall TR and Vanu beat that? They should do so you cant lock two continents. One continent lock is ok, or make it so you can only lock contintents at prime time.
    • Up x 1
  14. Deci

As an exceptionally bad flyer and constant ground pounder in all weathers, I love Hossin! My only concern from my a coouple of hours last night is that its a perfect for vanu with its constant darkness/half darkness (etc)
    • Up x 1