I think I should be proud of myself... right?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by BartasRS, Feb 20, 2017.

1. BartasRS

So, the usual day. I am sitting on the edge of biolab shooting mans to finally auraxium that last sniper rifle (Spectre) needed for the directive. It is not the best weapon in the game but it has no bulle drop and ballistic computer so I figured out that I will try to shoot people in the next base while they are trying to access vehicle terminal. To my amazement the idea was good and I had a nice killstreak, got bountied once or twice even. Oh joy. Then I got some rage tells about me being a hacker, /reported and stuff.

Now, how proud I was to be such a pain in the a$$ for some TR that they resorted to hackusations :D BTW I have whole killstreak recorded so if someone thinks I was aimbotting feel free to PM me for a link. Pro tip: set up your vehicle before getting to terminal, standing still for a min in a contested base is sniper bait.
  2. Kopulator

I've gotten 20+ kill streaks doing this. With no bullet drop both the spectre and the phaseshift are great for vehicle spawn camping at almost 400 meters away...though I try to avoid it past about 350 meters.

Since the Updates the Spectre is a far better weapon than it used to be. The ballistic computer was a nice addition.
  3. BartasRS

yup, I stopped using Spectre as soon as I could afford "normal" sniper rifle and forgot about it. Now I am having a blast shooting people at render distance. Same with Phaseshift after patch, took me like a week to auraxium it (mostly with terminal camping).
    So far my record is killing an engi in The Crown from a spot not far from Allatum Broadcast Hub - like 2 bases away.

On a side note, never noticed but can people tell from how far I killed them?
  4. Moz

So the death screen gives a cone in the direction from which they were killed, the further away you are from the person the larger the area of the cone will be that you could be in.

The further away you are the more difficult it is to pinpoint you from the death screen.
    • Up x 1
  5. BrbImAFK

Wait, wait.... Spectre has no bullet-drop?! When did this happen?!
  6. BartasRS

I think it was always like this. Anyway as long as I play which is bout 8 months.
  7. BrbImAFK

Huh,... that's really interesting. I haven't picked up my Spectre in years, so maybe I should go give it another try! :D
  8. BartasRS

yep, you should. It's quite different with BC and lowered recoil. Even low bullet velocity helps in long range sniping as you can put 2-3 bullets in the air before first hits the target. Funny, that even at 300m+ range 2 HS still kill a target with ease. Same with Phaseshift in semi-auto mode.
  9. Eternaloptimist

It is a legal duty for an infil to be a pain in the a$$ but even so, I think OP sets an example for us all to follow.

And yes:
    1. Spectre never had bullet drop IIRC - only the clone BASRs have that;
    2. Spectre is an awesome weapon since the addition of ballistic computer and removal of scope sway plus reducd vertical recoil.
    Personally, I've only had rage tells and threats as a stalker infil but I'm working on it.
  10. Campagne

Shame on those idiots for not even trying to counter-snip you!
  11. BoatsFriends

How close to Allatum Broadcast Hub were you? Or, can you go back to the spot and then put waypoint on the crown and tell me what the distance says.
  12. BartasRS

Sure I can, will do it when I get back from work. The spot was that little "cave" on the hill when you heading towards TI Alloys. I would say it is less than half the distance from Allatum to TI.
  13. Moz

It does actually say on the wiki for the Spectre:

"It is one of the few VS sniper rifles without bullet drop"

Learn something new every day!!
  14. BrbImAFK

Yeah, but the wiki is so horribly out of date these days that you never know whether what's in it is accurate or not! :rolleyes:
  15. BartasRS

Sorry for the late reply but 2 days ago when I played Indar was locked all the time. Yesterday I checked the distance and it was something in between 490-500 meters from that spot to the place where I killed that engi.
  16. Eternaloptimist

I never thought to shoot at pepole so far away, figuring it was a waste of time and a give away to my position............. until I read OP post. I tried it last night and boy, does it work well! :). Thx for posting this OP
  17. Invictorum

Its pretty funny to snipe enemy infils from extreme ranges like that with the Railjack. Takes some real getting used to with the bullet drop/firing delay, but the feeling you get when you one shot someone from 500+ meters out is amazing.