I support the rocket nerf.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hotbread, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Hotbread

I see so many negative threads about it, I just want SOE to know we're not all against it.
    I hate rocket primaries. It's what ruined modern warfare 2 for me, I hate being in a biolab and just having people spam rockets into a room i'm in.
    • Up x 13
  2. RHINO_Mk.II

I'm fine with the nerf, but MAX resistance to the direct damage needs to be reduced to compensate or MAXes will survive multiple direct hits easily. Also, the decimator should not have less splash than the others considering how many other disadvantages it already has. If you take a direct hit with the decimator, you should die regardless of Flak armor.

Current MAX rocket damage:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 6
  3. Shanther

I am RealityRipple and I support this message.
    • Up x 1
  4. quatin

Proof that CoD kids are what's driving the nerf everything threads.
    • Up x 4
  5. Tommyp2006

Played on the test server the other day and still had no issue using rocket primary, I barely noticed the change, but that's probably because I can reliably direct hit with it.
  6. FateJH

I agree with this sentiment that the resistances for the launchers should be properly adjusted thus that their current balance against MAXes is maintained. UBGLs and anti-vehicle grenades too.
    Is that correct? I feel as though I've survived back to back Decimators before.
  7. RHINO_Mk.II

Tested a few hours ago, but if you have evidence to the contrary I'd like to see it.
  8. OldMaster80

The problem is not the nerft itself, it's how rocket launchers are being nerfed. The way to do that was making slower to carry, equip, reload and fire, not reducing their damage.
    • Up x 3
  9. Mastermind

What do you mean? Rockets need buff
    • Up x 1
  10. hawken is better

Thank you, SOE.

*Hopefully MAX suits have their resistance lessened to compensate.
  11. SenEvason

I still don't think they were enough of a problem to warrant a change.
    • Up x 1
  12. DatVanuMan

Tell me about it. Anyways, why are people complaining NOW when the changes were introduced? SOE continues to nerf because of past experiences, and that is just plain idiotic:(
  13. Aegie

Active repairing by an engineer?

One of the areas of discussion where I sympathize most with people who argue against the changes is the argument that RL primary is a fairly important tactic for dealing with well supported MAX units, especially indoors, because without the OHK and high splash damage it is much more difficult to damage the crew supporting the MAX. Thus, the MAX is much more survivable since the crew is more survivable and a general decline in the effectiveness of the RLs will lead to a rise in power of the MAX unit.

Perhaps they could look into a way to delay the ability to repair a MAX unit after it gets hit with high explosives?
    • Up x 1
  14. BadLlama

Why should they nerf rocket lanuchers against the targets they are meant for when people are using them to great success against targets they were not meant for?
    • Up x 1
  15. DatVanuMan

They never were. It's just that people who couldn't avoid that large blue mass of ionized gas heading their way from 100+ meters have decided to whine about it. LMGs are the main weapons, NOT ROCKETS. This isn't TF2, which is a game owned by a company that actually makes changes that actually make SENSE.
    • Up x 3
  16. NC supporter

Your in for a hard time on forumside if your going to reference COD.
    • Up x 2
  17. Mxiter

I still prefer have 4-5 low splash rocket than be only able to carry one splashy rocket.

Rocket spam isn't the issue, but splash spam is, whatever the weapon.
    • Up x 4
  18. Elrobochanco

It's easily one of the best changes in a long while.

Back in my day if you wanted a one shot kill you gotta blue plate a fool.
    • Up x 2
  19. ronjahn

This change is simply unnecessary.

No one cared about rocket primaries until Mustarde's QQ video. I saw maybe two or three people even bring it up in the most off topic kind of way prior to the whine video. It was almost universally seen as something scrubs did while they learned to use their guns and it didn't make any impact on fights. Then the video came out and people started acting like every HA was running around killing everything with rockets and posting 100kdrs with 10000SPM on an off day to boot. I still have yet to see it.

This change certainly wasn't worth the probably 100s of hours of Higby's and other developers time that could have been spent elsewhere.

Is getting kills with rockets after the upcoming changes going to be considered skillful or acceptable? Because I am going to spend the next couple days after the nerf auraxiuming my Shrike. Deal with it.
    • Up x 5
  20. volth

Better if they nerfed engineers av turrets.
    They have unlimited ammo.
    Can hit vehicles outside render range.
    You can guide them to your target.
    And they do the same or more damage as tanks.
    • Up x 2