[Guide] I really like the NC mauler for everything

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FriendlyPS4, Jul 12, 2016.

1. FriendlyPS4

Simple guide to CQC mauler is extended mags, that is all. No slugs. Slugs are only good at sniping at range while you aim down sight. If you try to CQC with slugs you will find you are missing shots.

Mauler is like the GD22 in feels. In that you constantly putting in that work. Having fun. Its not a sweaty palm struggle like that other firearm that will not be mentioned.

In fact because it is a default that costs no certs. I would suggest new NC players main with it, instead of the default LMG. You will get A LOT more kills. GLHF.
  2. Kristan

You forgot to mention scam somewhere. Are you okay?
    • Up x 1
  3. Naaahhhhh

Everytime I read your posts I wish DBG would insert a down vote button in the forum.
    • Up x 3
  4. Eternaloptimist

Slugs are very hit or miss at any range. Tbh I found ES shottys are not much use beyond 10 metres at all. I think the NS Baron has a smaller spread and more pellets but there really isn't a comparison between CQC with a shotgun and ranged combat with a LMG. And you'll collect the certs for the GD22S faster than the certs for a Baron.
  5. FriendlyPS4

I actually took slugs off all my classes because I find always having a CQC option works best.
  6. FriendlyPS4

Every time I read a forum baddy I chuckle knowing I can embarrass them on PS2 on PS4. I read on your recent post you have a PS4 and you being an "advanced" player want to protect new players from tk. Ok. Yet you have aprob with me posting for new NC players about using the free mauler as their main so they don't get frustrated with the SAW and well start tking each other of of frustration.

I also read in your post you are an "advanced" player. Wow. Lets find out how advanced. Show me how good your skills are we can meetup on Hossin.

I always give a chance for forum baddies to prove how bad they are. I'm a nice guy that way. : )
  7. Naaahhhhh

First I thought you were trolling ppl with the suggestion to use the mauler on HA over an lmg. But you are really that naive? You want to 1v1 me because I dislike your post? You have not much self esteem in your post do you? Do you think winning a 1v1 is saving you from critique or a won 1v1 is a kind of argument? No sorry I dont 1v1 you. The times where I was getting my self-assurance out of **** like that are scince ten years over.

K lets assume you had no bad attentions with your orginal post. You suggesting noobs to use a suicide weapon on HA which is best on LA in a game full of auto weapons that have a similar time to kill and much longer range? Not so smart.

You better tell new players on ps4 how to cert out the saw (forward grip & compansator), to set the sensitivty down, burstfire, buy a noob frindly weapon like the EM1 for HA or change to another class. Because with a shotgun as a noob you will not get over a K/D of 1.
    • Up x 1
  8. FriendlyPS4

I think a 1v1 saves me from explaining to a forum baddy that the Mauler on an NC Heavy is pretty damn good, considering the SAW alternative. In fact if you don't mind a bit of friendly tking. You can use the SAW lmg, and I will use the Mauler and we can have a go.
  9. Naaahhhhh

Okay you want do a silly dick-measuring contest? Here we go. Because Planetside 2 is not a quickscope contest in cod we compare our K/D rate and SPM to see who is better.
    Your KD and SPM
    NC: 1.19 & 151 (lvl 58 alt)
    TR: 1.59 & 236 (lvl 73 main)
    VS: 1.15 & 187 (lvl 39 alt)
    Your Average K/D and SPM: 1,31 & 191
    My KD and SPM
    VS on Miller: 1.7 & 212 (lvl 80 main)
    VS on Ceres: 2.38 & 222 (lvl 14 alt)
    My Average KD and SPM: 2,04 & 217

So you see my KD is overall higher than yours and my average spm is also higher than yours. Take my advice. It was not my intention to piss you off. I just thought that you want scam new players by investing into ... imo not so good weapons.
    I thought that because your average posts are like complaining about stuff in rude words.
    If you like the mauler...fine. I dont like shotguns at all. And I have also the opinion that the saw is a terrible weapons for beginners.
    Maybe we could leave at it that and shake hands? And if you really want a 1v1 against me we can do it for fun and on miller.
    You will understand that I have no weapons on a lvl 14 alt on ceres.
  10. freeAmerish

LOL.
    You should count all kills and deaths from all your characters.

Example. wrong: K/D 2.0 (lvl 90) + K/D 3.0
    -------------------------------------------------------------- = 2.5 average K/D

right: 80.000 kills (lvl 90) + 9000 kills (lvl 20)
    --------------------------------------------------------------- = 2.07 real average K/D
    40.000 deaths + 3000 deaths
  11. Taemien

Says the guy who backed out of my challenge.
    Says the guy who can't kill an infil as an engie.
    Says the guy who can't even respawn properly.
    • Up x 1
  12. Gundem

Don't get into an ****** measuring contest. There is always a bigger fish who can and will show you up...
  13. Crash Bandicoot

If you are a relatively new player to the game and you see this thread...delete its very existence from your mind!!!
  14. DrakeFang

To any new players:

Use the SAW. Get an Adv. Forward Grip, 1X Sight, and the Compensator, and burst your shots for better accuracy and bloom control. Don't be afraid to lot of the trigger a little if you're at range. Volume of Fire does not equal Accuracy of Fire. Learn to use the Gauss to its potential, and you will find it an exceptionally deadly tool in your arsenal.

EDIT: Content edited for decency and constructivity. I lost my temper a little bit on the original post.
  15. customer548

"Guide : Use shotties."

Dude, seriously...ahah
  16. Naaahhhhh

I know. But honestly I thought that nobody would care because it dont change the fact that my KD is higher.