I kind of wish aircraft actually acted like aircraft.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Suicidalspectre, May 19, 2018.

1. Xebov

The reason you get only so few pilots is a result of successfuly preventing changes to happen. There where approaches in the past to make controling air vehicles easier that where prevented by protests from this small group. Also your picture of long periods of nothing is wrong. When i flew myself the longest pauses i had where the ones where i flew back to get ammo.
  2. Twin Suns

Careful what you wish for...

Last time I checked, a real aircraft acting like real aircraft takes just one hit to go down in flames.

Food for thought.
  3. frozen north

I'm not saying don't make changes. I'm saying be sure they are done well. I would love a controls overhaul. A mechanics overhaul would be more difficult, which is why I am more hesitant.

As for the long periods thing, again, that's just how I see it. And for its more to do with repairs then resupply, since repairing a ground vehicle requires just a rock to hide behind, and those are plentiful. Air actually need to get more or less landed.
  4. Xebov

Thats true, but on the other hand air vehicles are not exactly slow, so they have a higehr chance to escape and land far away. For repairs you even have the benefit of the engineer passive which is air only.

Im with you on this one. I just wanted to point out that overhauls in the past didnt come far because pilots feared each other and improvements are hard to get when every 2nd guy is purely egoistic.

I would like to see handling improvements but also some crazy movements to go away. The air vs ground gameplay could also use some improvements.
  5. Silkensmooth

I kind of wish people would stop crying about the aircraft in this game.

If all of those other games have so much better flight models, go fly in them.

The aircraft are fun and different.

The last thing we need is games that just clone each other.

We have had 15 years of WoW clones.

I like games to be different from one another, it makes them more fun.

TLDR; L2P