I just realized I have all the TR assault rifles, Save the T1B. My impressions:

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by WalrusJones, May 6, 2013.

1. Leonard DeVir

Forgot to state my main point (late here -.-).

TRV is roughly equal to the TAR in CQC, but at 1/4th the cost. One has to consider this. True, if youre decked out and want to have the best of the best, you may take the TAR. I claim, for CQC the TRV should be the first choice.
  2. WalrusJones

Its the easiest to get option through ingame effort, yes.

However...
    That isn't really the point of this thread, its "What does what best," from the perspective of someone who has all the rifles, so people can have a better idea of where their goal will likely take them.
  3. Leonard DeVir

I see! But I still say the TRV is the better pure CQC choice, while the Tar is more forgiving at mirange and ADS ;). Guess this boils down to preferences.
  4. WalrusJones

Of course.
  5. Amorphium

I don't know why anyone would think the TRV is bad in cqc, i have mine with adv laser and its just so good. not lynx level good, but my main problem when i had trv+foregrip was smg infils in close range, now i just wreck them (usually)
  6. }{ellKnight

It is by no means bad in CQC, with adv laser it's great in CQC. With the latest update TRV was made less effective at distances outside close quarters but thing is with foregrip it still performs beautifully at those ranges but you trade in some of close range effectiveness because it is the AR with the worst hip fire (so you have to ADS which isn't always idea).

The more I play with it with foregrip the more I like the changes they made. You can sorta shift the niche of the weapon with attachments and it feels pretty balanced. I wish all guns we're like that: some being niche weapons or and some being good but not great all rounders.

I still think the reload speed nerf for the TRV was unneeded though.
  7. TerryTenMen

I have them all apart from he SABR, my opinions is as follows:

Id rather use my emperor than the TRV, id rather use my knife/c4 than that NS crap. That is the guaranteed worst gun ive ever used on the game. Now we get onto the good weapons.

The TAR is so far superior to the TRV its unreal. Back in the old days I auraxiumed the cycler and the S varierty but then something went wrong with them along the way so the TAR has been the gun of choice since.. that is until GU08...

I decided to unlock the T1B cycler to see what these buffs were about and maybe get a new medal if it wasnt horrific! To my shock it was hands down the most all round dominant gun I have used in the game. I was a bit unsure over a burst fire weapon but it just rips people apart at all reasonable ranges.

The high velocity ammo seems bugged on it so i'm not sure if it can be even better, but it has my highest recommendation!
  8. Dagonlives

I am a big fan of the TAR rifle. The mobility and hip fire provided by it allows me to hip fire targets in the head consistently (open up with hip fire and aim down sights while shooting). It also has a very manageable and predictable spread, unlike the TRV.

I can outfight most shotgun users under 5 meters with a TAR because the mobility and accuracy provided by the gun allows me to position my medic in such a way that a pump-action will usually not 1-shot me (wear nanoweave 5) The fire rate on the TAR means that if a pump action shotgun user does not get me on the first shot, I will kill them before they can fire the second.

This weapon has made me prefer using my combat medic for anti-infantry over my heavy, as in my experience the TAR actually has a lower TTK then any of the TR LMGs. Combined with the mobility offered, and I am hooked.
  9. WalrusJones

Well, Yes.
    Only the chaingun has the same rate of fire as the TAR, but the chaingun has a windup.

Thus, no LMG can really keep up with the TAR (The NC6 gets close, mind you,) in TTK, and when hitting a high nanoweave soldier, that doesn't even get remotely close to keeping up (Slow firing weapons are hit the hardest by nanoweave.)
  10. DCWarHound

I'm going for the SABR when i have the certs,currently have the Cycler TRV and it runs out of bullets too fast.

I don't think the SABR is OP,it is more or less the same as the AN94 in BF3 except it has a slower rof (BF3's one had 600 base and 1200 between the 2 bullets),less accurate (BF3's one only had vertical recoil and almost none existent horizontal RBS).The AN94 is able to land both bullets on the same spot in BF3 with no deviation,it was feared by all but not everyone could use it.It had lots more recoil then the SABR when firing at 1200rpm,you could take out headglitchers 100m away and snipers on cranes close to 300 away with both shots always landing on point.

The Cycler might be a bit OP if it wasn't for it's long reload and that it runs out of ammo so fast.

Looking forward to the SABR's next buff.
  11. redshirt

The SABR as is works quite well, currently running it with the adv forward grip, compensator, HV ammo and a 3.4 sight. Its an interesting gun.
  12. WalrusJones

I currently like it best with HV ammo, a 2X sight, and a laser sight, I do have a AFG +3.4 sight +Compensator +HV ammo loadout, I just find it useful half as often.