I just found the secret to long range sniping

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by HairyButts, Dec 5, 2012.

1. HairyButts

I am assuming most people knew this, and I only have 77 kills with the sniper rifle so far, but holding shift causes you to steady your aim!

I can finally go back to sniping with my 12x scope (most of my sniper kills are point blank shots)

I really wish there were better instructions for this silly game.
  2. Caspartine

You can find this information in the key bindings settings:) But gratz to the discovery, and happy hunting!
  3. xpsyclosarinx

I'm fairly sure every single FPS ever made that has a sniper rifle with scope sway uses shift/sprint to hold breath.

No personal offence intended but this is basic FPS stuff most people know. Same as WASD is move, space is jump, ctrl/c crouch and RMB is aim down sights.
    • Up x 1
  4. Caspartine

Not really. To his defense, I didn't know that either, when I first tried infil in beta, and I've been playing games for over 20 years now, all fps games including. It's just I never really liked sniping and CQC as a sniper so much, or maybe I did and I was just missing the huge map to blow someone's head off and get away with it, which PS2 finally offers. So this shift to hold breath info has completely missed me, although I knew there are games with such option. Definitely not comparable to WASD.
  5. Talizzar

The documentation is in this game is really bad.
  6. wwwyzzerrdd

protip: check out keybindings before playing any game. i use rdfg to move so i do this automatically. i dont get you wasd people, move two keys over and you double your key real estate and your index finger doesnt have to do all the extra work

plus its easy to find your way around without looking because of the 'f' key bump on most keyboards
  7. Kar98

Sounds like you never played Cod1 :p
  8. HairyButts

I normally use my xBox controller on my computer, so mousestick is hold breath, I have since lost the controller.

And wyzerd, that is actually a brilliant idea, I love it, I wish to make it my own