I found the solution to low FPS.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xGreedFuSioN, May 29, 2013.

1. xGreedFuSioN

So I have a gaming pc.
    i7 3770k, GTX 670, 16GB RAM. Playing w/ forced ultra settings and a few tweaks, like less render distance, etc etc.
    I get maybe 80-100 fps in warpgate and 30-40 in huge fights with random dips down to 5-15 for maybe a second every ten seconds.

I found the solution: Don't play during prime time.
    Only time I can play now is 6AM-11AM
    Great game SOE~
    • Up x 9
  2. CrimsonDaemon

Tried this. I can confirm this works.
    • Up x 5
  3. xGreedFuSioN

CONFIRMED.
    Played during prime time yesterday and couldn't get past 35 fps in any situation period.
  4. Badname3073

I simply turn on the V-Sync option, so that it does not go below 120 fps
    • Up x 1
  5. xGreedFuSioN

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa
    • Up x 4
  6. ItsJustDash

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  7. xGreedFuSioN

HAHAHAHHHAAH YES OH MY GOD
  8. phreec

It's not working for me. :(

EDIT: Nevermind, I was doing it wrong. Once I switched to Esamir and Amerish it fixed itself. o_O
    Thanks OP!
  9. Macchus

so try different settings ... i have a lot older processor (Q6600 , alot older ) and im not having huge fps issues at all any time of day .i do play on low settings right now , as im not sure the forced ultra settings gives you any better fps anymore .

delete useroptions.ini if you havent already then reapply all your settings , thats the standard procedure .
  10. xGreedFuSioN

d
    Done all the tips and tricks, reconfigured every settings, etc etc. nothing works. :p
  11. SgtScum

Hrm, I have a c2d and gtx560 and get a steady 60fps(adaptive vsync ftw) everywhere but large fights and then its pretty playable at around 30ish or more. Seems like the worst issues with performance are on the bleeding edge rigs and not the older stuff. :p

Here is my useroptions just for the hell of it.

[Display]
    FullscreenRefresh=0
    Maximized=0
    RenderQuality=1.100000
    FullscreenWidth=1920
    FullscreenHeight=1080
    WindowedWidth=1024
    WindowedHeight=768
    Mode=Fullscreen
    FullscreenMode=Fullscreen

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=1
    TextureQuality=0
    ShadowQuality=0
    RenderDistance=-1.000000
    Gamma=0.200000
    MaximumFPS=250
    UseLod0a=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=1
    EffectsQuality=1
    TerrainQuality=1
    FloraQuality=4
    ModelQuality=1
    VerticalFOV=74
    ParticleLOD=0
    ParticleDistanceScale=0.650000
    FogShadowsEnable=1
    MotionBlur=0
    VSync=0
    GpuPhysics=0
    AO=0
    • Up x 1
  12. PhilDun

It's amazing how poorly optimized this game is.
    • Up x 2
  13. Macchus

lol , ok just thought id throw it out there just in case . knowing SOE they probably boosted performance on lower end systems and middle of the line systems , and somehow buggerd performance on newer high end systems .

wouldnt be the first time they broke something fixing something else . :eek:
  14. Macchus

see my post farther down i suggested the exact same thing lol . you just beat me to it . :D
  15. Seranov

Man, I don't get everyone's problem. I played WoW for years with only 5fps, at best, during fights. Getting down to 20 FPS in a firefight ain't a big deal.
  16. SgtScum

It is if you are a superpro mlg twitch monkey who couldn't imagine playing with less than 120fps or his 'skills' are useless. :p
  17. Nate

Don't think random short FPS drops to 5-15 should be happening with your setup OP.
  18. Joram

Are you serious? i have a i5 3570 gtx 670 8gb ram and i play on high settings with no shadows max render distance, 5x-60 fps in huge battles during prime time, no fps drops at all.
  19. iller

Playing on Amerish works too. Except during an Alert there
  20. SgtScum

I had this for a bit then figured out it was my av software having 'streaming patches' on by default that didn't really stream patches to my pc but acted as a seed to stream it to other users.. turned it off and poof no more hitches.