I find cloakers to be the most annoying part of the PS2onPS4 experience

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FriendlyPS4, Jul 3, 2016.

1. FriendlyPS4

It feels like I'm being trolled and not challenged. Im invisible HAHA you have that flashlight on GOOD! now my whole squad can see you while I play keep away from your flashlight and you die. Not a fun feeling.

Again we need more options. One of the options needs to be for us to find cloakers without lighting ourselves up like a christmas tree. Without gimping our rifle when there are so many cloakers in a busy fight that we put the flashlight on the main gun, so now we can't have laser or grip. AND we're lit up like a christmas tree. Again I feel trolled.

This is a game its supposed to be fun. There are supposed to be counters that help not hurt. The flashlight hurts in more ways than one. At night it paints me as a target. And it gets rid of a valued slot I need for laser or grip.
  2. Demigan

It's called "get one of the detection items out and flush out the infiltrator if you don't have the skills to track one down".

Alternatively, you can get the skills to track one down and kill them. Believe it or not, but infiltrators do not want to rely on their allies to kill you, they want to kill you themselves. So they reduce their options to hide themselves. Look in the places where you would feel safe enough to avoid darklights or have escape options if you are found but still have enough room to sneak in a kill or two when the option presents itself and you've found most of the infiltrators.

Alternatively you can become mobile. Nothing scares an infiltrator more than a mobile target that's unpredictable. They want easy kills damn it so stand still! Why would they go for you, the mobile target that doesn't stand still a lot and heightens their chance of failure, if they can simply opt to wait for a few seconds longer for a dumber target that does?

Anyway, infiltrators that hide from darklights aren't the problem. Infiltrators that murder the hell out of you and are already murdering someone else before anyone thinks of getting out a darklight, those are the one's you should watch out for.
  3. Naaahhhhh

yes we get it. you dont like infiltrators. Now what? Should we change the game because you dont like something?
    Deal with it or change the game. There are enough counters for infiltrator.
  4. Partl

Some ppl have gotten so very good at seeing/guessing an ifiltrator, its like stealth is useless against them. Aswell, when playing the stalker-class, i do avoid targets that are constantly moving - especially Heavies... best way to deal with those is grapping the knife and stab em, what comes with a lot of risk too.
    • Up x 1
  5. Hegeteus

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  6. Diggsano

Could you please finally shut up?

No one cares on your opinion you little attention W:H:O:R:E.
  7. Moridin6

youre just bad, youve made that Very clear..

personally, i run AE armor, so i glow alll the timeee, as papa vanu intended . having christmas lights is a perk not a downside, get gud.

as for you being a scrub and every infils ******, try prox mines/motion spotters/darts/beepys/your eyes/your brain/stopscrubing
  8. JaHeit

Its fine as is right now. The only thing that makes stalker infiltrators OP on PS4 is victims with low reaction time and/or accuracy. I know because stalker infiltrator was my favorite infiltrator
  9. JaHeit

Also you can turn the flashlight off anytime you want
  10. FriendlyPS4

No you don't get it. On PS4 NC are regularly over-popped. And NC does not play as organized as VS does (well at least not on PS4). So there is a lot an individual NC player has to do. Cloakers just add to that frustration level of WTF!

Im being beat because you are INVISIBLE period. You can tell yourself how pro you are. But on my end I just killed your heavy and your engy buddy and you stood there, watched. Then killed me. Not you just in one of the bases I was called in Faction to resecure.

That wasn't even the worst. The worse was a big night time tight battle had to use flashlight because Fn cloakers everywhere. Of course now I have this beacon of light saying kill me now! Im over here! to every enemy. Not fun.
  11. FriendlyPS4

If Im bad at a game I don't care. As long as Im having fun playing the game. Im not having fun on PS4 playing this game getting killed by invisible players. And the flashlight counter I have just makes me more vulnerable.

A lot of you are PC players who get to use PC workarounds to see cloakers, now those are called game exploits. When you mess with your gfx settings to see cloakers. On PS4 we are playing the game the way its supposed to be, minus gfx exploits.

On PS4 we definitely need more options to see cloakers. And I say this as a good player. You may think Im not but you cant prove that because you're a PC player. If you were on PS4 then you can try to prove it I wish you luck. But as long as I can see you I dont have any worries on my end about you.
  12. 1Tap2Tap

Planetside 2 is a team game.

Want to wreck those hordes of Infils?

Grab 3-4 friends, everyone takes Heavy Assault with a SMG or shotgun /w Darklight except one Infil with certed Motion Spotter and EMP Grenades and go hunt those buggers.

Enjoy seeing all those filthy Infils scatter before you like cockroaches.

No need to thank me, you are welcome.

P.S.: If you have no friends...well, that sucks, wrong game for you then.

P.P.S.: Falsely repeating over and over that Infils can become invisible doesn´t make it true. Even motionless Stalkers can be seen. Sorry mate.
  13. Daigons

[IMG]

Learn how to deal with the threat or just leave the game. There are plenty of YouTube instructional videos on how to play the game.
  14. customer548

You got it. :D
  15. FriendlyPS4

If you need a youtube instructional video to play PS2 on PS4 you got bigger problems in life.

Me simply wanting more options to see cloakers is just me wanting more options. Not me needing instruction. This is a very simple game to play when you SEE players.

Tweak your gfx card is the popular suggestion given to me over and over again. Even the settings to use was posted. Im on PS4. Can't do that. But there are PC players who need to tweak their gfx card to counter cloakers. Thats a good clue how bad the counters are.

We need better counters for cloakers. Period. Not even up for debate. We need something better than a flashlight. Something that does not light us up when we use it. Something that does not take away a slot just to combat one class, when we have more than once class to deal with.
  16. breeje

you're lucky i don't play on PSN

[IMG]
  17. FriendlyPS4

NC don't have the pop to do that on PS4. And NC especially don't have the cohesiveness to do that. Thats just facts. Im offering help in Faction chat regularly and Im showing up when help is called for. Not easy to do because typing with a controller, and there are no safe places. NC will kill you as quick as the enemy. But team killing is a whole other topic.

If NC had the pop I wouldn't be playing NC. I'd be playing TR. I've neglected my TR toon for awhile but TR is very GOONy at the moment. No knock on that gaming clan. I appreciate playing against them. But GOON doesn't seem to play anything but TR.

I hop on the game. Mossies filling the sky. TR creeping in every base. Frankly its fun as long as you can SEE the threats. There is no youtube that is going to make me see something that is invisible on the PS4 console. I don't have a PC gfx card I can tweak.
  18. customer548

So, PC players are cheaters, you have no friend, no teammate, you are underpoped, typing messages is dangerous because of controllers, you're not safe anywhere, aircrafts everywhere, opponents everywhere and you're blind.
    Someone else is giving you advices and you clearly neglect those advices.

I don't know you...But all of your stuff doesn't sound like coming from a "good" player. (You define yourself as a good player).
    Another case of the *"Nerf da game Asap !!! I can't aim...Halp !!!" syndrom* ??
    • Up x 1
  19. Sinful Raevyn

Let's look at your kill feed. Last 75 entries... Breakdown of death by class:

Infiltrator: 5
    Engineer: 13
    Heavy: 11
    LA: 5
    Medic: 3
    MAX: 0

Total Deaths: 37 (Not counting TK's) out of 75.

You were killed more by engineer than any other class. Only 5 of these kills are by a class that you can't see.

In your last 1000 entries on the kill board... you were killed by Infiltrators.... 41 times. 41 TIMES. And not all of those 41 times were done with stealth abilities either. Quite a few were vehicle kills.

Not counting teamkills, in your last 1000 entries on the kill board, you have died 407 times. This makes your deaths by infiltrators a measly 10%.... (Which is obviously illustrated in the smaller example as well...)

So what's the issue?

You play Engineer and Heavy. Both have more bonuses than infiltrators any day. What other classes have a damn overshield to take more damage? To jump into a heavily locked down room and take out multiple targets at once? What other classes have the ability use a vehicle to take out 20-30 people, then go hide behind cover and repair said vehicle for a second round?

Our main ability is to cloak, which is easy to see, EVEN ON PS4.

Like, really? At this point you have to either be extremely daft, or a complete troll.

[IMG]

I'd say grab some tissues, shove a tampon in and get better...

I have extra if you need one. :)
    • Up x 7
  20. The Rogue Wolf

Wrong. Cloak is not invisibility. I've brought down plenty of Infiltrators who thought it was, without even needing the flashlight.

Ah, so now we get to the heart of the matter: You just want the game to be simpler. You want to strip away complexity so that it's easier for you. Why should any of us want to support you on that?