I feel sorry for early adopters of ESSR's now.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CactusLynx, May 24, 2014.

1. CactusLynx

Cause theyre only 220 now if you are subbed. Oh well, now i got a trap and a phaseshift and alittle more incentive to play.
  2. Clay

Have fun with the Phaseshift. Tell me when you have bronze medal. Next week or so.
    • Up x 2
  3. Bassett

Unlocked Railjack with certs, now I just wish the render distance was like 3x further..
    • Up x 1
  4. Prudentia

i got it for cheap anyway in the spring sales.
    still don't have bronze with it.
    meanwhile i got gold for the Terminus in a single day.
    • Up x 3
  5. Aircool

Funny you should say that. I just looked at my character profile and since I first started playing (21 Nov 2012 and a regular player), I've managed a mere 13,966 kills; 212 of those are with the Phaseshift with 149 headshots at .29 kills per minute.

I have only 347 kills with the Parallax.

Now if they let you stick a 4x scope on the Phaseshift, I might use it a bit more.
    • Up x 3
  6. minhalexus

Phaseshift should have more scopes to it.

Then we can truly call it a gun that can shift phases in different battle scenarios.
  7. Curanos

I'm really not feeling the Phaseshift. I prefer to use it as a bolt action, but it has the bullet velocity of the Spectre... which I promptly stopped using after purchasing my Parallax with SC because I can barely tolerate using SASRs. So now I have a weapon that I feel like I wasted 1k certs on that is now sitting on the proverbial shelf collecting dust, except on those rare occasions where it actually fits the profile for the job. Usually I just stick to my Parallax or Ghost if I have a need for a BASR.
  8. Goretzu

Yep unfortuantely the Longshot is just plain better up to 400m..... which would be great if infantry render distance wasn't much less that that. :eek:
    • Up x 1
  9. Iridar51

With variable magnification!
    • Up x 1
  10. Maelthra

In this case, you could replace "ESSR" with any other category of weapon, since they all tend to go on sale eventually.
    • Up x 2
  11. biterwylie

You unlocked the Railjack with Certs?. Omg! That is harsh dude.

I purchased it, got in touch with customers services as it was so bad and they refunded my SC :)

IMO other than the C85 canister it is one the worst weapons in game. Even the NC default sniper is miles better.
    • Up x 1
  12. Get2dachoppa

Actually, it has slower bullet velocity than the Spectre. It also has worse recoil, a slower rate of fire, and can only fire about 6 shots in rapid succession before overheating (Spectre can fire 10 before needing to reload). Its inferior to the Spectre in every way from a semi-auto standpoint.
    • Up x 1
  13. Revanmug

Why do you feel sorry? Their usefulness doesn't change because their price is down.
    • Up x 1
  14. Morti

Bought mine with certs. Haven't actually paid for anything in this game since x3 sales and the ultra cheap SC codes vanished months ago.
  15. Vixxing

OMG! Railjack is 10* better than Phaseshift you hedon! (seriously make a VS alt and trial PS in the field i dare you!)

After that trial you will WORSHIP the Railjack!
  16. Prudentia

I think Veteran VS Players have an easier time with the Railjack than NC or TR.
    good ol' One shot Saron with Delay.
  17. Vixxing

Railjack is a beast in those 200+ sniper duels... and yes some delay dont scare VS, charge up mecanice is 10* harder to deal with...
  18. biterwylie

Delay firing weapons suck no matter which faction. I am glad your not 'scared' of them. But they put you at a disadvantage.
    • Up x 1
  19. Goretzu

You may worship it, but you'll still use the Longshot/RAMS/Parallax.
    • Up x 1
  20. biterwylie

In what way is the Railjack a beast? That makes no sense since the Longshot is better in all respects out to the max render range :)
    • Up x 1