I don't know how, but you made the spawnshield bug -worse-

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sosolidshoe, Sep 12, 2013.

1. sosolidshoe

Yep, just spent a lovely session trying to hold bases against a TR tank zerg that seemed to be exclusively using HE rounds to spam the spawnroom. Every base the same; we held for a few minutes, they got a couple of tanks ranged in on the spawn, and that was it, anyone who spawned in died, our reinforcement was cut off, and we had to fall back. Even small arms fire seems to be passing through the shields sometimes now, and the tank round are going off -inside- sometimes.

FFS SOE, get a grip.
    • Up x 1
  2. CaligoIllioneus

I think there are several bugs affecting spawn rooms

1) Being at a certain distance where the shield despawns but you can still hit the infantry inside
    2) Shooting at a certain angle causing damage to people inside

and then I believe that if for example a HE round hits the shield, and there's a player outside that takes damage, it makes it possible for the people inside to be damaged as well as long as they're within the AoE. I'm not sure of this one, but some times it looked like this is what the bug was.
  3. P3STILENCE1973

Nah. It's all good. See, they fixed the shields, but massively buffed the TR HE rounds so.....there you have it.