I DEMAND you fix cloak on low settings!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CaptainAmeda, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Boomotang

Yes.

Interchange "you" with "anyone" if it makes you sleep better. It was intended as a general statement.

Better PC = better FPS. And I've already detailed why I could care less about preferring low settings due to a competitive advantage.

I don't play on a different setting than you to gain a competitive advantage. I do it because it's more fun, even if I die more as a result of my screen being more busy.
  2. CaptainAmeda

Well put Mr. Corporate Thug. Well put indeed.
  3. CaptainAmeda

Why does that make me wrong and you right? What are you getting at? Your argument is a pointless sword. Who are you to tell me I'm wrong for doing something clearly not wrong, something everyone can do.

WHY is it wrong for me to play on low because it's easier on my eyes????? You could do it to, anyone can!
    WHY is that unfair? clearly not because anyone can.
    • Up x 1
  4. ncDieseL

Running on low settings shouldn't be an advantage. If anything it should be a handicap, although a small one. What you have described is unfortunately an acceptable handicap in my opinion. If there was any advantage to be gained from running on lower settings, nobody would use the higher settings.
    • Up x 2
  5. CaptainAmeda

This is you boomotang.

6. Boomotang

For some things like peripherals, perhaps. But I wouldn't say that higher graphics gives you an advantage in online gaming. Usually more detailed character models and backgrounds makes it harder to separate the two. Plus all the extra effects like particles and shadows makes higher settings harder as well most of the time.

Technically, you are right in saying that because everyone can play on low settings there is no advantage. But in reality, a lot of people who choose to play on low settings DO get an advantage because not everyone chooses to handicap their graphics.
  7. Ronin Oni

TL;DR version: "I like to play on low despite having a rig capable of more because I like to cheese out every advantage I can such as removing shadows and floral from being able to conceal enemy... WHY CAN'T I SEE CLOAKERS AS A BRIGHT GRAY SILLOUTTE ANYMORE TOO?!?!?!?"

In response: You can't have your cake and eat it too. Different settings convey different advantages. Playing on low cheeses out the natural concealment people try to use, while playing on high allows better blending in of camo armors, hiding in shadows, and bush. On the flip side a low settings player will have a hard time with infiltrators while high settings makes them stand out rather easily (at appropriate ranges). Medium is... well, middle of the road.

Let people tweak everything and they'll just strip floral and shadows and make everything contrast while keeping the glimmer effects of higher graphics settings and things that don't get in the way. That would be a FAR worse situation
    • Up x 3
  8. Boomotang

It's not "wrong" per se. It's more unsportsmanlike.
  9. CaptainAmeda

So? whats wrong with me for doing so. Many pros do the exact same thing. And besides the cloak is much harder so see on low, which is VERY unfair. Before it was unfair too. it needs to be in the middle, not to much, not to little, close to or exactly the same as the other settings.
  10. Boomotang

Really?.......... :eek:

:rolleyes:
  11. CaptainAmeda

I don't care about sportsmanship, I'm the kind of guy that would team-kill an entire line at a terminal to get my vehicle faster. It don't matter.
  12. ncDieseL

Sorry, so sorry, we didn't realise you were Pro. We'll get out of your way sir.
    • Up x 1
  13. Boomotang

Exactly......o_O
  14. CaptainAmeda

So, magically if someone is a pro, it's OK for them? No one else? OHHHHHHH-K that makes perfect sense.
    I don't get what you're saying there.
  15. Boomotang

Like I said.

"Pro Gamers"

What a joke..... :p
  16. CaptainAmeda

So, I hoped on after the the patch today, and the cloak is still wrong I'll be checking every day and reporting back here.
  17. Ronin Oni

because low is *incapable* of rendering the right effects to make it balanced.

Their solution before was to make it a gray silloutte, but that made "cloaked" infiltrators easier to see than when they were UNCLOAKED!

That was a terrible TERRIBLE time for infiltrators.

Quit being cheesy. That's all I'm gonna say. I added to my post on the balance between settings. I suggest you just play on medium and deal with the shadows and floral that are supposed to be there.

I have absolutely ZERO sympathy for "pros" trying to exploit every advantage they can
    • Up x 2
  18. Ronin Oni

19. Ronin Oni

Oh yah, you're going to get LOTS of support with an attitude like that.

I think at this point people here would be happier if you just gave up and quit instead.
  20. CaptainAmeda

They do if I haven't killed them yet.

Besides, calm down. The fact is low settings cloak is OP, and that is that.