[BUG] I bought a bounty contract without EVER wanting to. #Scam

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FriendlyPS4, Jul 4, 2016.

1. FriendlyPS4

All I wanted to do was respawn into the game. I get a congratulations you bought a bounty contract, Huh?! Why would they make it so easy to accidentally buy something that costs real cash. What a f ucking scam.
  2. Armcross

Thenk you for the support, I unconsciously ram a bounty today.
    • Up x 1
  3. FriendlyPS4

What does it do?? Other then rob the unsuspecting of real cash.
  4. Gundem

Gives you a bit of EXP when your target is killed, but the real reason would be to put the super obvious "BOUNTY HERE, HOT FRESH CERTS COME AN GET EM" target above someone you are salty that killed you.
    • Up x 2
  5. Vorest

There should be confirmation step on bounties (at least there was 2 months ago), opposite to construction system where you have no confirmation at all.

This system was developed to slowly soak DBCoins from system, so statistically speaking you will be more likely to have insufficient coins when you find something of desire (thus more likely to throw extra 5$ at company)
    • Up x 1
  6. DrostenVS

I absentmindedly clicked the button the other day and there was a confirmation popup that allowed me to back out. I just closed the window that popped up.
  7. FriendlyPS4

I think it is quiet different when you are spamming the x button on PS4 to get back into the fight. The LAST worry should be am I going to accidentally trigger a BC real money buy button. To buy something I DON'T want. This is like a little gotcha trap in set right in the respawn window. They know what they're doing. Who the F UCK wants to pay real money to put a bounty in a GAME. Where the TTK is high. There are no pro mlg players in PS4 on PS2 to get salty over. Everyone is going to die to something within minutes.

Scamming me is suppose to make me want to buy more BC? NEVER! DBG #SCAM.
  8. CNR4806

Why are you spamming the button? This isn't like GTA Online where smashing the button makes you respawn faster.
  9. FriendlyPS4

Because I been playing Playstation since their was a playstation. WE ALL SPAM BUTTONS. Especially to get back into the game.

Turn on proximity chat and listen to players playing. They will whine they died to x/y/z and while they are whining you hear them SPAMMING the X button to get back into the game. I turn off proxy chat just to stop hearing that noise.

Why are you lecturing me on products I have been using since their existence, worry about someone else. Let me rant.

A PAY button should never be in a respawn window on PS4. I have never seen that in any game I have played. F ucking SCAM.
  10. FateJH

Sounds like you've been given fair warning; and, it sounds like it wouldn't matter how many "Are you sure?" prompts DBG could throw up in your path. You're just mashing buttons like some bad player.
    Considering how your other posts go, I know you don't want to set yourself up looking as some kind of bad player.
  11. FriendlyPS4

Sounds like you have stock in DBG, do you? If you don't sounds like you just trolling. Also sounds like you don't play on PS4. I saved a video recorded of the scam purchase. I really don't know how it happened. I haven't looked at the video to find it yet. I assume it was me spamming X to get back in game. I don't know if there are confirmation windows at all. I will have to check. I do know it had to be an X button purchase. Same button PS4 players use to respawn in at respawn window. Clearly a gotcha! SCAM.
  12. FateJH

You're beginning to sound familiar. Do you know the user SenTerran?
    (Also, yes to the second point.)
    I don't and, as stated above, I don't have any DBC to my name. I also take my deaths and respawns with patience but I would rather that not sound as a boast.
    That would be good. I've yet to witness an example of this happening - either through Bounties or through Construction - and I endeavor to see it the execution. I suppose slow motion might be the only way to catch the moment properly?
  13. customer548

You definitly have a lot of issues with this game. :D
  14. Sinful Raevyn

Being stupid... isn't a scam. .....Well. Maybe for your parents investment in your education.

I would suggest you look up the definition of scam to begin with.

[IMG]

Sacrificing my own KDR just to prove this stupidity...

When you die, to choose 'Get Revenge' you have to press down on the joystick/D-Pad TWICE. I even tried holding down the joystick, just in case it moves while it's held down...

Nupe. You actually have to press it down twice.

Then, once you click on the option... there is a verification screen that tells you it costs DBC, with the option to press X to continue or Triangle to buy more DBC.

But of course, it's a Daybreak scam though, right?! Not because you probably went into stupid rage mode after dying? Probably to an infiltrator? lol

Another classic FriendlyPS4 thread of playing victim when he is in fact the problem.

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  15. FriendlyPS4

Not anymore I deleted this game. Going to put gotcha traps in this game in a respawn window! In my state of New York they would call this a bait and switch. The bait is, I want to respawn! The switch is the BC bullshi t that has nothing to do with me wanting to respawn. This is f ucking illegal in my state.

You can defend it. You can joke about it. But its not funny when its your money. You want to spend it where YOU want to spend it.
  16. FriendlyPS4

I tell you one tihng taking a shot at my parents on a forum. You a coward.
  17. Liewec123

how else would they get people to spend real money on such a useless effect?
    its similar to how they shove that "pay with Daybreak Cash" button right up against the Cortium button in the ant construction menu.
  18. Exitus Acta Probat

Being stupid is not illegal in NY
  19. Scr1nRusher

You can only get it on the death screen.
  20. JKomm

So you spent 25 DBC on "accident" while trying to respawn? You mashed buttons thinking it'll help, not only that but by the sounds of some other people here to mashed the wrong buttons, then you somehow spent DBC on a game which you clearly already spent money on, and complain that it's a scam? There is zero logic here, you effectively spent $0.25 and claim it's a massive scam despite it clearly being user error and(By your word) an inability for an entire console user base to pace themselves while respawning in a game.

The scam here is you trying to play the victim to get compensation, when the entire situation is evidently your own fault... who would of thought your little hashtag clickbait was in fact in reference to your own agenda.

[EDIT]: There is also no reason whatsoever to bypass the profanity filter on the forums, if you think using harsh words helps to prove your point, you are wrong... all I see is a good reason to get you a penalty from making future posts.
    • Up x 1