I bet if Indar was closed for one day

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneRedBlock, Feb 6, 2013.

1. OneRedBlock

Everyone would quit until it came back.

Seriously, I want to play Planetside 2, not Indarside 2. Anyone else notice how you can't find a fight on Esamir or Amerish?
    • Up x 7
  2. xvader

*raises hand*
  3. Vertabrae

I wish they would close it for a day or two. I would love to see what some big fights are like on Amerish.
  4. ent|ty

I exclusively fight and defend on Esamir and Amerish.
    I get invited to squads all the time, and I appreciate that they want to have me... but the first thing I check is where the Squad Leader is... if he's on Indar... forget it.

Before the latest patch, Esamir and Amerish used to benefit with better FPS and client/server, which made fights much more crisp, and allows me to mount my award winning 1-2 man defense, but now even they are a lagfest when only 32 players total are in the area.
  5. Splort

Noticed this on my server too. Now that the warpgates are moved, I thought NC/VS would start fighting each other, but no, NC has a ****ton of hexes and goes south to TR warpgate, VS has almost nothing and go west to try and gate us. I thought before, when our warpgate was on top, it was natural for them to head upwards like that, but it's just some conspiracy to shut down TR.
    • Up x 1
  6. Kameho

Well Esamir needs some serius balance changes to it. As warp gate position are completely favouring the bottom left warpgate.

But i couldnt agree more, fighting on indar nonstop really gets on your nerves.
  7. CoffeeBreak

I'm actually surprised that Esamir isn't the universally preferred continent.

Amerish is very mountainous and can be somewhat annoying to traverse as a ground unit. And as air you can be hit from anywhere and never even see who is firing.

Depending on your warpgate Indar can be very annoying. Whoever has the top warpgate gets half the continent by default with all their major facilities spread out in a relatively flat wasteland. The faction in the southeast has those annoying canyons and whoever is in the southwest has relatively flat area with all their facilites closely packed together.

Esamir is open, spreadout and looks designed for large scale battles.

All that aside, I too prefer Indar but that may be just because I am so familiar with it now.
    • Up x 2
  8. Tapioca Express

its mainly due to indar being more tank and air friendly. Every single aspect of the map is designed for tanks and air to have clear line of sight on all spawn areas, and there is very minimal amount of cover for infantry to have against air throughout the entire map.

Esimir is very tank unfriendly and very air unfriendly. Most bases offer some protection against tanks due to terrain and base design, and very minimal amount of canyons for air to duck behind to escape AA

Amerish is the most tank unfriendly of them all, and all the mountains forces pilots to actually have to find correct angles of approach. Therefore all the inexperienced pilots will avoid amerish due to them crashing every time they leave warpgate while all the new tank drivers are still trying to figure out how to get to the next base. Amerish also offers the best cover against air and tanks due to terrain.

The main reason why people stick to indar is that the bulk of the players enjoy roflstomping infantry with their lolpods and HE rounds. Thats why they'll never leave indar. ever.
  9. Diamond Sword

I wouldn't quit. I would just move to the continent that now had the most fighting on it.

No one goes to Esamir or Amerish because everyone's in Indar.

The only times I see the other two continents with good pops, is when the server is at capacity so you can't freely move between continents without being a subscriber. They could decrease the total continent population, and put you in a random WG every time you log in, forcing people to stay in the continent they started in for a while, but I think more people would quit from that than if they simply removed one continent.
  10. nukularZ

I wish they would close it for like a month. I wish SOE would do something because this is definitely causing the game to bleed players. Maybe not as badly as some other things, but Indar is stale content now. Warpgate location helped for like three days, but now everyone is back to the same locations, just from a different angle.

But hey, Hossin comes in April and everyone will be there for a week before they all go back to Indar? So something to look forward to right?
  11. Phazaar

I'd love it if they closed it, even though we've got a good warpgate now.
  12. XenomorphZZ

Its probably because Indar is the most diverse continent, I mean its 3 sub-biomes in one map, while Amerish and Esamir are... well... almost completely uniform.

In more detail, Indar is part;

Savana, Canyon Desert, Salt Flat Desert.

While Amerish is all Forest Mountain
    and Esamir is all Artic Tundra
    • Up x 1
  13. Aisar

Totally agree, I am so sick of Indar. I had to leave the Outfit I was in because they refuse to leave Indar and I won't support anyone who is adding to the problem. I am trying to figure out what to do about this because I am sooo tired of that desert continent. Amerish is gorgeous and I want the kind of action there that is always on Indar. I really hope SOE does something about this. Close the continent for a few days, add a rotating exp bonus that changes continent every day, do something.
  14. bPostal

If they ever put in a global lattice people are going to flip.
    "What do you mean I can't fight on Indar until I get a link?!"
    • Up x 1
  15. Aisar

If that is true and it's a case of bad design or players simply not wanting to play anywhere but Indar then that is a major problem! How are we suppose to play on Indar forever?!?! We are not all robots lol.
  16. IMTasty

./hug
  17. Hilv

On Miller you get blown up on all 3 continents, its great!
    • Up x 1
  18. Derfcon 1

In addition to what everyone said, the VS are invisible most of the time on Amerish. At night, forget about it and during the day it is no easy task either. I know there are ways around that, tagging enemies NV scope, whatever. New players, or people who want a straight fight, will avoid it. Esamir is just so boring. I go there to snipe sometimes because that's all you can do. It is so sparse you end up spending half your playtime running, just to get gunned down and do it again. Indar is really the most fun because there are so many bases and the terrain is diverse. The canyons are fun and there are a few open plains that are not too big that you get bored, but large enough to make you nervous. I think average players find Indar to be more fun, then add the highest pop all the time and there ya go.
  19. Brickwalker

Its weird really..the crown has always been there..

and yet not long ago people would still fight on Esamir and Amerish.

now its Indar and the Crown all day everyday.
  20. PeterLawford

I think people fight on Indar because people are fighting on Indar. Often I'll go to Amerish or Esamir and nothing is going on, so I'll head right back to Indar. Also, it's such a huge pain to change all my camo.