I ain't got time

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Reclaimer77, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Reclaimer77

To figure out what faction you are.

It happened again last night. I saw a cloaker running at me, reacted instantly and gunned him down, then I get a hate tell from the infil I team killed.

Can we please make it easier to tell a friendly cloaked infil from an enemy one? A small blue Dorito over someone's head just isn't really enough.

Add faction color to friendly infil cloaked graphic, visible only to friendly's IMO.
  2. _itg

Friendly infiltrators DO glow their faction color while cloaked.
    • Up x 6
  3. CuteBeaver

Not sure if your trolling... Our cloaks already are faction flavored... If your not seeing glowing purple blue or red team infils when they are cloaked thats a problem... Well...I guess there is a reason after all for faction camo to exist. XD What graphic settings are you running?
    • Up x 4
  4. Reclaimer77

Then it's bugged. Because I can tell you, it doesn't always work.

And wtf would you think I'm trolling? Does that read like I'm trolling?

I'm just saying, they need to do something to make you guys less likely to be teamkilled.

I see a cloaker coming at me, there's no time to think. I'm shooting first, apologizing later.
  5. blzbug

That's why CuteBeaver asked if you were trolling. I think you timewarped in from 2013 :) They added faction glowing infs well over a year ago.

I rarely get teamkilled in this way. I don't even think this got mentioned on the "infiltrator annoyances" thread from last week. Back in the day, this was a terrible hassle for infs (and teammates).

Does this happen to you a lot? Either you've discovered a new bug, or you're a Easy Assault who needs to work on their trigger control.
    • Up x 1
  6. Souleater

I have also suffered from the occasional bug where allied INFs don't glow 'friendly' and i've put a round or two into them. I stop shooting as soon as I get the warning tone and symbol.

I play cross faction and in an evening will probably swap between all three depending on how much fun I can find on each server. Now and again I also find my IFF getting screwed up shooting at enemy vehicles or infantry. For example, I've shot enemies - with a clear Line of Sight and no nearby friendlies and had the 'Friendly Fire Warning' tone and symbol pop up.

It doesn't always occur but I think I get it a least once a week.

To the OP: do you also have your faction IFF set to the default or do you change it? I have mine on Red = Bad, Blue = Good. i notice watching various people's videos that they stick to the former a lot of the time.
  7. day ofm one

Also had teamkilled infils because they neither glowed in my factions colour, nor did they have a name tag above their head.
    • Up x 1
  8. Reclaimer77

Thank you!

I can't believe I'm getting crap for trying to help them....just wow.

Forumside lol.
  9. blzbug

The crap level is quite low. Practically zero on the Internet scale. Nobody has even mentioned ***** or your mom yet :D

Every patch brings a fresh batch of bugs that make playing infiltrator a pain in the azz. Looks like another one to add to the list.
  10. ezaroo

Going to be honest I would give so much to go back to the non-coloured infis with the blue Dorito... yeah I'll get tked more but the chaos caused will go up 10 fold...

But yeah, I've never seen this bug... your graphics settings and spec would probably help any dev that sees this, and any other info! Did you just switch factions or disconnect or anything like that?
  11. MrGrampybone

You could also go by sound.
    The sound while cloaking and decloaking is very different between the factions.
  12. breeje

on my TR character the empire specific color never shows on my hunter cloak
    it works on my stalker cloak
    as VS and NC the colors work on the hunter and stalker cloak
    i don't know why or really care, it's all the same for me
    just something i observed, maybe it's an bug
    • Up x 1
  13. CuteBeaver

Maybe... but honestly if factions colors didn't show on hunters, specifically like for SMG play that would be kinda awesome. I do not experience this bug, so lack of reliability would be an issue. I am going to go with the hunch its a bug... because... SOE has made a considerable effort to erase ambiguity between factions. They have even come out and said this in interviews. Markings were added, not just to us, but all classes now have them. Also OP needs a hug because I was NOT attacking him.