Huge frame loss in vehicles.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Llaf, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Llaf

I'm normally at 70 fps on average, and when I drive vehicles with the new patch(trying out the absolutely epic new prowler) it periodically drops as low as 10-12, only for like a milisecond though, so it just makes the game appear very choppy and as if the turret is "snapping" to where I tell it to go rather than smoothly turning, which makes playing kind of odd. Not unplayable, but definitely needs fixing.
  2. Cinnamon

Happens for infantry as well. Seems aright when I start, although framerate seems worse, but after a few minutes there are frame rate drops and that horrible lurching effect. Not really worth playing atm.
  3. Kloz

Uh yeah I have the same problem, in general the FPS is alot worse after the patch with huge fps drops even as infantry. But it gets completely unplayable in any vehicle.
  4. Mireck

Ihave also less FPS since the patch, the FPS semms to be lower in general. Also My flash suppressor on my tmg 50 is no longer suppressing the flash.
  5. Eleo

In term of general fps i disagree, with my low end E5200 3 ghz dual core, Radeon HD4850 and 3 go of DDR2 PC-6400, game run much smoother, however, I too indeed get that extremely annoying random fps drop making the game very frustrating. I dont know if piloting a vehicle make it specificaly worse, but it makes it almost impossible to focus correctly in an aircraft.

I didnt experience it before so I thought with the new patch my 3 go of ram werent enough anymore.
  6. Drsexxytime

This rig is a powerhouse, laughs at BF3, and Crysis 1, 2, and 3 (beta). Yes now I went from 100+fps in this to 12fps via this patch. It was running beautifully for the first 30mins then imploded. Considering the amount of server disconnects going on right now I think it's server-side.

I'm not tracking this to memory leaks of any sort at the moment. Not seeing any dramatic rise/drop in my PC component usages.

Game is unplayable at best right now. Which is unfortunate because when I first logged on it was incredible.
  7. Eleo

I think too, the chopiness seemed to go crechendo, then I suddently got disconected.