[Vehicle] How would the game change if AMS's no longer had a "no deploy zone" around them?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

Deployed AMS's*

What would happen to the fights?

What would players be able to do?
  2. Radical Raxuss

I imagine what they already do now; spam sundies so you have a replacement if the AMS is destroyed. Just this way they're all already deployed.

No ridiculous amounts of spawn xp, so I doubt we'd revisit the sundy TK days.
  3. WeRelic

Nothing too different, really. This is how it used to be, so I suppose it would just revert to people spamming deployed sundies next to each other.
  4. Nepau

Feel I should list the issues I could see:

• Spawn system rebalance as there would be a ton more valid spawns within range then there are currently
    • Sundy nest where you could have say 10 sundys that are driven in close proximity, deployed and ignored. Imaging 3 or 4 shield sundys surrounding a repair sundy. Just try to take that out without a stupid amount of force.
    • Why bother defending Any sundy when if one goes down there are 10 others you can spawn from. Makes it extremely hard for attackers and defenders to take/defend a base
    • An example of last point: Imaging a Tech plant with 3 sundies upstairs, 1 shield sundy at each entrence to the Cap point and a ammo sundy on the point. Each shield sundy has 2 gunners with furys. Now how do you expect to take that point?

That is just some of the issues I could see. As a point, sundies did not have the no deploy zone at PC launch as was introduced for a reason. With all the changes thathave happened since then, I highly doubt that those reason have gone away.
    • Up x 2
  5. Obscura

I think they should limit the spawns to an individual sundy, but keep the no deploy zones. Like one sunderer can spawn 40 people then it no longer can, and a cert tree can be added to upgrade that for more spawns.
  6. Scr1nRusher

That.... that would be a really bad idea.
    • Up x 3
  7. Stormsinger

[IMG]

Pigs are officially flying. I completely agree with this statement.
    • Up x 3
  8. Obscura

Why? Right now I notice players simply do not pull as many sunderers as they did 3-4 months ago, redeploying plays a part in that but a temporary fix would be to limit the spawns per sunderer so they are encouraged to pull and place one themselves, and not comfortably sit at a sunderer and perpetuate stalemates.
  9. Scr1nRusher

People pull less sunderers BECAUSE THEY CAN'T DEPLOY AS MANY!
  10. Obscura

No, there are times when theres a fight at a base where there will be a 1-2 sunderers serving as the spawnpoint for an endless amount of people, why attempt to bring in new sunderers to their flank when you can just spawn at this one for the next 20-30 minutes and run a short distance to the base? I think the no deploy zone around them needs smaller anyways, and the resource cost lowered.
  11. Pikachu

People would park in towers, amp stations and tech plants like they used to. Btw remember SOE had the idea in mind of having a cert that allows a sunderer to ignore NDZ.
    • Up x 1
  12. Scr1nRusher

The no deploy zone around them is exactly why people pull less.

Because you can only fit a X number around a base or in certain spots around it.
  13. Obscura

Yeah it should be that way, because before the deploy zones there were WAY to many sunderers in a limited amount of space. Now spawning is very one dimensional, with exception of valks and galaxies but those are squad limited. They need to either A. Fix redeployside B. Limit spawns per sunderer C. Add deploying(limited) back to galaxies or D. B and C

redeploying is the true issue with spawns but that takes more time for them to figure out than it would those things.

im going to start screenshotting this kind of thing and posting it for people to see, there are problems in planetside that are partially player generated but are a result of limited options. Give them more options and they will think of ways to use them themselves.
  14. Scr1nRusher

Exactly.

If you look at the gameplay the "no deploy zone" around deployed AMS sunderers has been negatively impacted.
  15. Scr1nRusher

You really don't see how making spawning one dimensional is a bad thing?

Also how having alot of deployed sunderers was not a bad thing?

Or how "this way" currently has impacted the games fights?
  16. Demigan

@Obscura:
    If you have a limited amount of players that can spawn at your sunderer it instantly becomes much less valuable to have one up and running. It also means that if the attackers want to keep a fight going, they need a constant supply of new Sunderers. A good 96+fight would need so many sunderers that you can't even drag them there fast enough even if you certed them ou tto 100 spawns.
    Yes, it would mean more Sunderers, but why is more Sunderers better? Why not... Flashes? Can you give a good reason why more Sunderers=more enjoyment all around?

Also, I don't see why people would spawn less Sunderers except for a population decline where there's less players to pull them. The spawnchanges wouldn't affect a damn thing, because people will just want a spawnoption and place one hoping people will spawn there. I've personally seen more Sunderers being placed, with more bases, even small one's, having more than 3 Sunderers placed at them.
    Maybe you've seen it from the defenders side at larger bases, and didn't see the Stealth Sunderers. I saw one on Esamir where they'd placed it just outside a wall at an unusual location. Due to the infantry all running in multiple directions and the real fights happening at the spawnpads this Sunderer wasn't located despite all the players spawning there. And I've seen much more Sunderers like it.

@OP:
    Nepau already described it, you'll get Sunderer blockades that can utterly and completely stop entire Zergs. Drive 2 Fury Sunderers with Deployment Shield into a techplant near the point, or place small blockades near chokepoints and places where the enemy is already close as they come into view and you'll be able to destroy tons of enemies. Add a repair Sunderer that you don't even have to look after because of a 20 minute timer and near-indestructible wall in front, and you've got a good idea of why this is a bad idea.

Now you could add something like an ability to override the no deploy zone. By removing all things like Blockade armor and Deployment shield from the Sunderer, you make sure it's just a Sunderer and no different that parking half a dozen close to eachother without deploying them. You can get more spawns but at the cost of versatility and defense options. It would also be highly tactical, as it would be one of the few things that could deploy in a no-deploy zone of a point. Which puts pressure on it as it's a vanilla Sunderer in all defense aspects and you just placed it near the heaviest fighting.
  17. Obscura

You seem to misunderstand me, I'm not saying alot of deployed sunderers wasn't bad. I'm saying alot of sunderers that have their spawns limited to a certain number, but able to deploy a little closer to each other than right now would make the spawn situation better. Making the sunderers less expensive would help this too, so newer players don't have to spend a huge chunk of resources to bring one in, but aren't able to spawn too many people unless certed into.

Fights would be longer and more spread out because you cant just bring 1 sunderer to a base and surround it with a bunch of infantry and use that as the spawn for the next hour.
  18. LodeTria

Would be a massive buff for defenders who put their sunderer's on the point. Instead of having 1 or 2 you now have as many as whatever outfit/squad is doing it.
  19. Scr1nRusher

It would also be a massive buff for attackers aswell.
  20. Obscura

no they won't because of something like this, a deploy free zone for the defenders as well as the attackers would prevent that
    [IMG]