How will hackers be stopped ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sewy, Jan 7, 2013.

1. LtBondi

I dont know if it would solve anything but atleast it would take away all he noob cheaters who is 12 years and think its fun
  2. Grippy Gecko

First this idea above is terrible. Do you think those who use cheats in a game are honest in the real world? They would just use other peoples cloned card details. Cheating would just get that persons card stopped (not that I believe it would be legal for Sony to do this is nearly every country, its the card issuer that bans a card not any other company and I think banks are going to want a better reason than "this person is a cheater on PS2"). The hackers would get the additional thrill of getting innocent victims cards involved in their cheating and shifting the blame onto them. Plus with a(n even fatter) database of card details SoE would be a goldmine for would be hackers trying to break in and steal all the (doubtless insufficiently encrypted) personal details.
  3. AlesTwo

Warden from Blizzard has until today not been able to stop and detect hackers. Even today you can still download and use working hacks and people do it all day and night. The only reason why there are so few bots in WoW is that Blizzard is very responsive at banning hackers and those people loose a lot if they actually get banned.

So what is your next plan?
  4. LtBondi

I dont meen the card in real life get banned/closed

if you ever played games like wow you make a account and type in your creditcard... if you get banned the creditcard isent valid for the game anymore...

im not saying it stops cheating but it will ward off some of them as a few ppl do have alot of creditcards .. and as you say some cheaters will use other ppl creditcards ... well that not legal in any contrys and a fellony

it will however stop ppl from get a ban and just great a new account
    • Up x 1
  5. Rexus67

Can anyone unequivocally state hackers exist in this game or is this a case of people maybe blaming others for their deaths they didn't see coming and technical glitches resulting from servers not yet fully optimised?
  6. AlesTwo

If there is an enemy running into your base at the speed of a lightning tank, shoots simultaneously into all directions and kills 20+ people with a single ammo clip and through walls while avoiding all return fire, what would you call that if not a hacker?
  7. MurderBunneh

Right now it is that easy. Employ a little recon you'll see that Charlie has us surrounded.
  8. MurderBunneh

Spend 15 minutes with google and enlighten yourself. Just don't click on anything stupid.
  9. Darkzero

I thought code injecting and programming skills were implied in cheat creation? Randomized address means that memory locations will change every time you run the game, and it will be much harder to create consistently working hacks that reads and modify the game's memory.
  10. Ciddie

The difference is that Warcraft required £'s for the client and then a subscription tied to a CC, and even before Warden auto-farming bots were prevalent.
  11. Quras

Currently botters are running rampant in WOW. It's pretty bad over there too with the auto-farming bots and bots in battlegrounds.

However, to me planetside 2 has a more direct connection of player to player where bots affect you more. Aimbots, wall hacks and a whole host of others that are just killing this game.

What is sony doing about it. Very little that I can tell.
  12. Phattie

So did Planetside 1. Game cost money, expansion cost money, sub cost money. Still had speedhackers, aimbots, wallhacks, etc.

For a company this experienced with as many games as they've produced, they bloody well should have established and well-tested anti-cheat, anti-tamper software.
  13. MurderBunneh

I'm sorry "bots" are not hacking. Hacking in WoW to compare it to this game would be giving yourself the power to one shot people in arenas or making your attacks never miss infinite mana etc etc. Using battleground farming bots is not even remotely close to aim bot or wallhack in a fps.
    And to my knowledge none of this has ever happened.
  14. AlesTwo

It did happen a lot and still happens every now and then even today. Just because you don't know any hackers, it doesn't mean they don't exist, it just means that Blizzard is very fast at banning them. If you read the current WoW hacks/bots you soon learn that everyone is very careful not to be seen by anyone else, as they know that one click on the report-button by anyone seeing them is enough to get them perma-banned usually within minutes. Last time I reported a bot, that player was gone 10 minutes later and never seen again afterwards.

And that is why you don't see hackers in the arena: if they would hack, it would be their last game forever.
  15. MurderBunneh

If they are not hacking pvp I could not care any less what the hell they do. And I'm still drawing a blank as to what they could hack in pvp that would help them considering most of the calculations are server side.
  16. iller

Just be glad it wasn't locked....

But it also begs the question: Has anyone submitted a Ticket through the proper Channel (IE: the Submit trouble Ticket in the main out-of-game browser support hub) and then seen that same blatant hacker a week later? When I did it that way, the hacker was GONE and didn't come back. (even though it apparently took them a whole week to finally look AT the video).

This is a situation where the Process is more to blame than the Developers I think. But that doesn't to let them off the hook either... They HAVE the possibility for more manpower available to streamline this a LOT. They COULD try something new for once (which works fantastically for Private FPS servers all over the world) which is Volunteers. They could even pay them in 'CERTs' for every hour that they're on Patrol. I'm not talking about giving them banning privs either, these "Deputies" would just be the first layer of investigation that all "/Cheat" reports would be sent to and if they were able to observe (and hopefully record) the Cheaters cheating, it would immediately go straight to an investigative Administrator ... instead of sitting in a 4-day long queue behind a bunch of bug reports, and griefing/TOS-violation logs.
  17. MasterChiefette

What I find amazing is when a player can run right up to where you are hiding. You know there is no way in hell they saw you go there. Because they were busy spawning. Yet - magically they run right to you.
  18. MiZrY

The radar on my stealth Flash pisses a lot of people off
  19. Wobberjockey

actualy i asked moonlight about that.

the reason a ticket is better is because a ticket basically beats a CSR over the head when they come in, as opposed to /reports which do not
  20. goneLinkdead

Here is where the process is different.

In WoW you hack and are reported and banned. This results in losing money invested and costing money to get back in the game.
    In PS2 you hack, and are reported and banned. One minute later you have a new PS2 account, costing nothing.
    • Up x 1