How to Rock the PTS: Top 10 Must-Haves to Improve PTS Participation!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Edfishy, Apr 12, 2014.

1. o.Solei.o

Virtually everything in this post is solid gold.

SOE, why haven't you hired this man already?
  2. Edfishy

I only took the first 6 pages of RadarX's thread and listened to what people were saying, tallying up suggestions that seemed reasonable development-wise.

If they'd mingle with the community and maybe ask things on Reddit like, "What 5 things do we need to boost PTS participation? Go." (you know, like they're doing with H1Z1?) I think they'd get the dedicated Planetside community a little more on board, even if things can't go the way the fans would like (most people will accept compromises as long as good reasoning is explained).

Shoot, look at how much positive publicity's come out of Smedley's Reddit request on how to merchandise H1Z1. Just level with us and stop pretending you're Rockstar Games with a $250 million budget! We're here to help and want Planetside to succeed! :cool:
    • Up x 1
  3. Wobberjockey

What!

LISTEN TO US?!?

BLASPHEMY!!!
    • Up x 2
  4. o.Solei.o

I think the only thing I'd swap around on this is reduce the 500 certs to 250 and change the bug report to 100 for any bug report and 500 for a good bug report. (Conditions, repro, etc. Also, showpeople how to do this!)

To be fair, that sounds like exactly what RadarX is doing, only on the game's actual forums instead of Redditside. I, for one, am glad to see participation here rather than on Reddit for 2 reasons. 1 - I can participate in the game community without having to join a completely separate community. 2 - Reddit has a culture all its own and is prone to pitching a fit to get its way, often with undesirable results.
  5. Spaw 13

And for Europe ?
  6. Llaf

I love this post.

It's true, the more the devs get involved in the test server and reach out to the community, the more the community will give back, and in the end, this will result in much better live content when patches are released.