How to lead the zerg

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sienihemmo, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Sienihemmo

How to lead the zerg:

1) Get a squad of 7-11 friends that stick close to you.

2) When the zerg has capped an enemy base, have everyone instantly pull an MBT or some other vehicle.

3) Have everyone head to the base entrance closest to the nearest enemy base.

4) It's pretty much guaranteed you'll get others to stop their vehicles and gather around you, possibly with a Lightning trying to organize a vehicle dance party or something. MBT's, Lightnings and sometimes Sunderers will all notice the large gathering and join it. The sooner you get the group up, the more vehicles you'll likely attract.

5) Congratulations, you can now decide what the zerg targets next. But make your decision fast (preferably before the first base is even capped), or someone else might try to take over your control of the group.

It's like getting control over a single nuclear warhead for the next 5 minutes, you know it'll decimate whatever you send it towards but can't decide what's the best place for it.

Our outfit managed to do this twice with around 7 Magriders and a half filled Sunderer. One time (not counting the other 2 times) we even managed to get around 5 MBT's to join us, just with a single Sundie filled to the brim. I think people recognising an outfit op or something resembling one is enough to get their attention, and they'll instantly want to join in. And what's even more hilarious is that they're joining the group because they assume the one leading this group is a capable leader, when in truth we're all on TS3 going "I have no idea what we should do now"

The more people you have on proximity chat shouting stuff like "AEIOU" and "JOHN MADDEN", the better your chances.
    • Up x 3
  2. iGamer1990

3. RykerStruvian

FOOTBALL!
  4. Gozer_the_Carpathian

SQUIRREL! ;)

Now if you could only get folks to PUSH past a choke point. *Sigh*
  5. Opapanax

LoL the Madden part got me.. haha
  6. Opapanax

lol Maybe yelling fire will get respond.. Cause Help seems to not give one ****..
  7. Freyar

You can tell if there's a veteran simply by listening for Badgers.
  8. TheGroggyOne

The problem is, you get two or more outfits pulling opposite directions and the zerg evaporates.
  9. HappyZaps

That doesn't really matter though. You organized the zombie herd and you caused them to go somewhere. Delivering the herd to a location, more or less intact, is the important thing.
  10. Sienihemmo

I've noticed that quoting Starship Troopers works pretty well. Just use proximity chat and shout (actually shout, dont just talk loud) "COME ON YOU APES, YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER? CHAAAAAAAAARGEEEEE!!!!!" At least whenever I hear someone shout that, it gets me so riled up that I just run after him even if I know it's certain death, just for the heck of it, and for that single epic moment.

Because what is Planetside, if not a collection of single epic moments?
  11. notyourbuddy

Yep works like a charm. I can't resist not joining a tank convoy and notice neither can anyone else. Makes for a good time to give that ammo sunderer some loving. That thing can rack up some pretty decent xp in a tank zerg.

Only problem is I notice NC tends to start this at the tech plant on Indar and then inevitably starts driving towards the crown. Its a non-stop climb up a mountain of death. Rarely ends well.
  12. IshanDeston

Get a Medic to go first.

A couple times, i had people being sitting in hiding, until i charged a head to the next cover, showing them you can make that run. Once you have a medic sitting in the next cover, you see more people being daring, knowing they get healed.

Works even better if you have an organized squad and can push as the whole squad. People will follow.
  13. wolfva

And since it's the holiday season....
  14. Hellspawn

Wave twinkees in the direction you want the zerg to go..