How to get people to stop standing in front of turrets?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Bruno Puntz Jones, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Atenson

My basic rule of thumb is as follows & I rarely get revenged Team killed:

If I already have my turret placed at a defensive position & a teammates come to my line of fire, they get some near miss warning shots & proximity message to stand clear. Ill even risk giving away my position to let friendly's know what door/area I am watching via spray. If enemies come in & they are still there, everyone dies. Sometimes Ill give a "sorry man, please don't stand in front of turrets" if they weren't completely ignorant.

If I place a turret in an already teammate populated defense point, I exercise extreme caution. I will generally not fire until friendlies are clear or the enemy hits the area w/ a crash.
    • Up x 1
  2. Longasc

Shoot them almost dead and if they still don't move kill them.

Waiting for an answer or reaction from some people takes by far too long.
  3. Hoki

Depends if your shot is as advantageous as the person getting in the way.

If they're pushing forward, let them the opportunity to do some work, but if they're being useless and you have a shot on an enemy, make an omelette~

But anyways this is why I usually always use AV turret, precision shots over and around enemies, and can really punish max peeking.
  4. ghostreborn38

Yesterday there was a few of us in a room suppressing a point under attack 1 guy had a AI turret set up with a good FOV so good in fact someone else put a AI turret down right in front of his and i mean right in front no way was it an accident. These d$#k maneuvers happen all the time and is the antithesis of good team work. Maybe preventing someone from deploying a turret near some one else's like the sundie denial if its to close to another deployed sundie would help, unless it is side by side or out of the field of fire for the first turret.

• Up x 1
  5. Flumps

If I walk in front of a turret, that's my fault, but if someone sets up behind me and start firing into the back of my head whilst I'm strafing/peek firing when they can clearly see I'm in front of them, well; that's theirs.

Would be helpful to have a sound, or even an emote, for when an engineer deploys a turret.
  6. FROG55JON

Continue firing, the players that do this are inexperienced they will learn this way
    • Up x 1
  7. Xocolatl

I don't think most players know how to read.

But yeah, I also default to shooting them.
    • Up x 1
  8. Frosty The Pyro

first, dont place your turret like an idiot, and most of that problem solves itself.

second: proximity chat, dont forget to use their name, so they know you are talking to them.
  9. Leftconsin

Using the MCG around some people is just the worst. With shield on and "ads" I'm not exactly moving quickly. People still can't be bothered to walk behind me. No Mr.Light Assault, I don't want to spin my gun up again because you decided to go in front of me instead of behind or even up. IMA keep shootin my dakka.