How to get Max Shield?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Ren170299, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Ren170299

I am a Pro Terran Republic Max :p and I constantly see the Blue Max's using some sort of plasma shield. Is it just for the blue guys or anyone? I cannot find anything that is shield related for my terran max. thx
  2. ZDarkShadowsZ

Unfortunately the Aegis Shield is for NC MAX only. TR have a different ability, Lockdown, which, when used, prevents you from moving and 360 turn movement but means faster reload and bullet velocity. :)
    • Up x 1
  3. Dualice

That'd be the Aegis Shield, and is unique to the New Conglomerate MAX.

As a Terran MAX you get the super-special ability to anchor yourself in place to make yourself an easier target um, increase your fire rate, reload speed and projectile velocity. It's not something I'd recommend trying without engineer support. Though I will say Lockdown combined with dual Bursters will scare off air farmers plenty quick.
    • Up x 1
  4. Ren170299

Yeah I have seen that Lockdown ability and frankly is just anchoring yourself to a death penalty...
  5. Keidranex

Aegis Shield isn't really something you should be worried about not having either, it's buggy and doesn't block everything you're looking at, despite being shot in the mass of the shield.
  6. Liewec123

you need to use it wisely, it is awesome with dual pounders and an ammo box guarding a chokepoint :)
    it's also really really good with bursters :)
    • Up x 1
  7. _itg

You're really not missing much. Charge (the default ability) is far and away better than any of the ES abilities.