How to fix the Render Distance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RetroRayner, Nov 26, 2012.

1. RetroRayner

I know for a fact this post will be deleted, but I will give it a try.

The only way to fix Render Distance is for everyone to stop spending money on the game, and let it be known that we will not accept "we might consider it" as an option to the problem.

While everyone spends money on the game then Render Distance really can't be an issue can it? that's how SOE see it, "they are happy spending money so it's not an issue"

I say make it an issue.

Solidarity, that is how you get things done.
  2. Ixal

Exactly, but tell that to the bunch of kiddies who need their new 1337 rocked pod naow and have no idea about economy.
  3. Jestunhi

Yes... people who pay for entertainment which cost money to develop are kiddies.

I see what you did there...
  4. somerandom18

I seriously lol'd and everyone in the lounge I'm in is now looking at me like I'm crazy.
    • Up x 2
  5. Ixal

You mean people who shower companies with money and then actually expect them to fix problems instead of creating new things to sell?

Yes they are kiddies.
  6. Delax

Judging by your rig specs you know a lot about playing video games.

Are you a programmer though? If not how do you know the architecture of the game? You don't. With that said I would like the expertise of a programmer or dev to chime in on what it would take to increase the draw distance issues.
  7. Jestunhi

Yeah.

The kiddies who pay for the servers to keep running, and pay staff wages.

The adults are the ones leeching off of them and creating threads complaining that they should be given more certs, or claiming the game is pay 2 win, or any number of very mature activities.
  8. Bags

The devs are aware, and are working on it.

Seriously, this game won't live too long with 10 foot popins. Boycotting won't solve anything.
  9. somerandom18

Honestly... as i said in another thread. When it is fixed all we are going to see on the forums is QQ about even lower fps then ever before in large battles.
  10. Ixal

Do you really think that this problem was not noticed during development? If the Devs would have thought that if the game would die with the issues it has it would not have been released (or at least this issue would have been fixed at the expense of something else). No, they thought that the amount of people leaving because of this was low enough so that the expense of fixing it was not warranted.

Want to prove them wrong? Then don't give them money. Everything else a big company laughs at.
  11. PanzerGoddess

amazing how many people work in the market industries go on this forum and post....and just when I thought marketing jobs gave you no time to do anything let alone.....post...on a game forum about a big a&& company and what they are doing wrong and how to fix things....yup they are right...soe will surely close their doors lol.
  12. JP_Russell

I want it fixed pretty badly, too, but they'll get to it when they can. They have to focus on other things for now. They're not purposely neglecting anything, so boycotting seems like a misguided agenda to me.
  13. Limabean

Infantry render distance used to be longer, they don't have to make major changes to increase, it's just a value. The hardware not being up for the job or having it the same for everyone including 10year old computers is the problem. We've all seen what the game CAN do but we settle for under performance becasue we as a gaming community are lazy and accept what is given to us.
    Community is an ironic term isn't it. we are far from a community or we would work together, and demand better. It's like in the movie Hackers, "We are each our own country with temporary allies and enemies" I havent even logged in 5 minutes nor spent any money but i'm just one person.
  14. Bags

I never noticed it in development. There were times of bad pop in, but I never saw popin as bd as live.
  15. Plixin

The core of the problems reside in the Forgelight engine, its terrible. The engine needs an entire overhaul and something like that will take a massive effort, a very time intensive effort. If SOE decided to do that, you are looking at months upon months of work but all that will happen is tweaking that will only cause other issues to become worse and new ones to arise.
  16. Vellsi

0/10 would not read again.

Can tell you what is wrong with this sentiment: If the game stops generating revenue it will stop getting developed - and that pretty quick. On top you have to keep in mind that 20% of the playerbase generate 80% of the income for F2P games, the sepdning concept caters to a certain kind of audience and this particular audience is very unlikely to see rendering distance as a big gamebreaker. :V

It's similar to "If I stop voting during elections I get better politics!" - feel free to try that and tell me how it goes for you.
  17. Nimion

I'd like to see a quick fix for scopes. If you are scoped in using at least a 3x or greater the render distance and render FOV should change to accommodate the decreased visibility. So many times I go to shoot someone at long range and they go poof into thin air :(.
  18. RetroRayner

By refusing to spend more money on the game, until they fix the major issue of Render Distance, wouldn't cause the game to stop, it would just make them shift their focus.

There is an easy fix they can do right now whcih would temporarily boost Infantry draw distance, and that is halve Vehicle Draw Distance, they render at 2000m you can only shoot at them from 1000m.

I said in another post, I honestly believe we will see new weapons for sale for sc in the store before we get a Render Distance fix.

And when being asked about the Render Distance problem, to be to we would consider a fix is bad.
  19. RetroRayner

You say they have to focus on other things, more effort is going on "how we can make more money" rather than "why should we be making the money"
  20. caldrin

wait how on earth is this engine terrible, do you realise how many people are playing on each server.. this is an fps not some tab target MMO.. The engine is an amazing bit of tech.. does it have bugs? hell yes its a new engine of course it does.. will they get fixed? hell yes they will..