How to enable physx?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by atyemail, Jun 14, 2013.

1. atyemail

I have watched many tutorial on how to enable physx using the user option in the ps2 files i tried it it marks the planetside 2 phsyx but nothing change plz help
  2. MacG32

Do you have a Nvidia graphics card/chip? Right click on your desktop and you will see NVIDIA Control Panel in the menu. If not, then there's no possibility for PhysX. If so, do you have PhysX installed?
  3. atyemail

how do i check all of that?
    i have GeForce GTX 75MX which i have checked that it can run physx and i tried downloading physx it said that you have a newer version of physx already... soo? i can u suggest why
  4. atyemail

well ihave gefroce GTX 675MX and i have checked the NVIDIA web that it said my graphic card is able to run physx and when i try to instal physx it said that ur physx version is newer so that's mean i have it already :|
  5. atyemail

sry 4 the spam
  6. lordlavell

It is listed as GPU Physics both in the game graphics options and also in the userOptions file. In the file change it from 0 to 1 to run it on.
  7. MacG32

Go to your Control Panel | Programs and Features and uninstall NVIDIA PhysX System Software. Download the one I linked and install that. Your PhysX should work fine after that.
  8. atyemail

i have windows 8 computer?
  9. MacG32

10. atyemail

ermm not about that.. i know where's the control panel but the linku gave me does not support win 8..
  11. MacG32

Download the latest Windows 8 drivers here. Uninstall all Nvidia drivers. Make sure to restart when asked to. Then install the latest drivers. Click AGREE AND CONTINUE, Select Custom (Advanced), only check mark the Graphics Driver, HD Audio Driver, PhysX System Software, and Perform a clean install. Click Next and restart when finished. Your PhysX and drivers will be updated.
    • Up x 1
  12. atyemail

Yo man im very sorry but i have tried every single thing u said i unsintall than restart than install and still cant run physx.. but u know i am able to run physx in other game such as borderlands2
  13. MacG32

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/client-update-june-10th-2013.133169/ Disabled some of the effects. When you shoot at the ground, are there little chunks of dirt that stay on the surface? When you shoot at the ceiling above you, do sparks fall all the way to the floor? When you go to a jump pad, are there little particles coming from it? If so, then your PhysX is on. If not, then check your Nvidia Control Panel to see if PhysX is set to use your GTX 675MX to render them. You may have to restart to see PhysX.
  14. atyemail

nope nothing like that, i have seen people with physx and i do not have any particles flowing around the jump pad or chunk from the ground and etc
    and i have checked the nvidia control panel and it said that my physx is run on nvidia geforce gtx 675mx but what u mean to restart physx?
  15. MacG32

Restart your computer, but that's not the case. Have you checked your Particles setting in PS2? It may be on low or off. That's my last bit of help I can give without actually sitting in front of your computer. I've thought of everything I could. Sorry if none of it helped. You may want to submit a support ticket.
  16. atyemail

it's okay still rlly appreciate ur help and last question how do i submit a ticket?
  17. Camycamera

um, have you tried ticking the "GPU physics" option in the graphics options menu in game?
  18. MacG32

19. atyemail

@Camycamera i can't even tick it it's not available to be tick that's why but my graphic card is able to run physx and i tried changing from useroptions and it said that the gpu physx is on but nothing change