How to enable physX now ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stew360, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stew360

i saw the levelcap video here

Showing up physX
    thats was mine back into the last part of the beta

Ive notice that my GPU PhysX options is still dark grey and i cant chek it so ive try to force it using the .ini files with GpuPhysics=1 But still it dosent work when its suposed to ? did they remoove physX just after enabling it once agains ?

If their is any special way to enable my gpu physX i woul like to know it
  2. Stew360

GOT IT

PhysX, Nvidia’s fancy-pants physics engine, is due to be added into Planetside 2 at some point in the future. The middleware – often used to add pretty, if largely pointless, physics-based visual flourishes – was previously available in the MMO shooter’s beta, but has since been greyed out in the options menu. Players using GeForce’s latest 313.96 beta driver can, however, enable the effects right now with some light .ini file tweaking.
    All you need to do is find your Planetside 2 root folder and open the useroptions.ini file in a text editor. Inside, find the [Rendering] section, and the following to the bottom:
    ForceGpuPhysics=1
    GpuPhysics=1
    Save the file and you’re all set. The effects are rendered client-side, so it’s possible you’ll experience a performance hit – although reports suggest it shouldn’t cause a dramatic increase in frame rate. The video below should give you an idea of what to expect from the tweak.
    • Up x 1
  3. HyperMatrix

Surprised to see a useful post from you. But I'll give credit where credit is due. Thank you. Are you noticing any performance issues PhysX enabled? It feels like the PhysX animation is going at 60fps while the monitor/game is at 120hz/120+fps.
  4. PandemicLegion

That moment when you are kicking yourself because of buying AMD :/
  5. HyperMatrix

...is....only coming now? :p
    • Up x 1
  6. moooosa

I am sure jelly. Did you install your rig in the freezer? What in the heck.
  7. HyperMatrix

Haha. No but there is very good cooling in my case. I have 7 fans pushing in, and 6 pushing out. So the air cycles really well.
  8. rayvon

He only has a 2cm ***** though.
  9. HyperMatrix

You give me too much credit. I'm barely pulling off 1.5cm on a good day. Give me some Charlize Theron and I might get close. How's your 15fps?
    • Up x 2
  10. Lakora

Yet, the best part is you actually don't need the beta drivers. You just need to add a ForceGpuPhysics = 1 line along side with the GpuPhysics = 1 line.
    • Up x 1
  11. rayvon

Chafing.
  12. Riekopo

Yepper
  13. Neoroify

Forced enable PhysX, had a great experience but it didn't last for too long, looks like it is 'unstable' because as soon as I try to log into the game again, it lags massively and the textures go transparent and I can only see the sky, though with PhysX off it is all good..

Those flying particles with the elevators! eye candy ! :rolleyes:
  14. Stew360

Nope i dont have any performance , issue yet but it seams thats the last few hotfix as created some stuttering , but it seams to be there here and there , but all these stuttering issue are in since the last big patch as been partially fix it seams , but physcis do not ruins my performance by any mean

ive try those setting , lets me know if anyones as better ones , but its all guessing and try and fail stuff , SOE should release some good .ini files from their own to be try and use by the users

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=4
    TextureQuality=0
    ShadowQuality=2
    RenderDistance=999999.000000
    Gamma=0.000000
    MaximumFPS=120
    UseLod0a=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=5
    EffectsQuality=5
    TerrainQuality=4
    FloraQuality=4
    ModelQuality=4
    VerticalFOV=74
    FloralLOD=5
    EffectsLOD=5
    ParticleLOD=5
    ParticleDistanceScale=2.000000
    EffectsDistanceScale=2.000000
    FogShadowsEnable=1
    MotionBlur=0
    VSync=0
    AO=1
    ForceGpuPhysics=1
    GpuPhysics=1
  15. Tezma

I don't have these in my .INI file. Should I add them?
    Answered it my self. I tried it.

How do you get the Frame rate to show?
    NVM, Alt+F

thanks any how lol
  16. HellasVagabond

Vsync = On ? Vsync means that a game can't go over 60fps so that should be the issue.
  17. Olek

I enabled this yesterday and found many effects had been added, one was when bullets are landing around me, chunks of dirt were flying up and rolling down the hill, tank rounds hitting the ground were throwing up clumps of dirt with it landing on the ground and staying for a few minutes, expended rounds ejecting out of players guns and even bouncing off other players, looked good.
    Bullets hitting metal sending up sparks, night time the battles seemed a lot better with the lighting, also, I don't know if I imagined it, but the detail on the player models seemed better.
    I had also tweaked my ini file to ultra a week or so ago, I haven't had any issues with ultra + PhysX running, no loss of Framerate.
  18. HyperMatrix

Vsync off. But Vsync is tied to your refresh rate. So for me it would be limited at 120fps or 125hz depending on whether I'm running 120Hz or 125Hz at the time. Also as I mentioned the game is still going at 120+ fps. But the animation on the PhysX particles seems to be running at 60fps.
  19. HyperMatrix

Performance was just acting weird, overall. I'll try switching from Quad-SLI to Tri-SLI with 1 card dedicated to PhysX and see how it pans out and report back.
  20. HyperMatrix

Tested and even with a dedicated gtx 680 PhysX card, I get lower performance. That's probably why it wasn't released with the last patch. It's still buggy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.