How the UES could have been 1000x better

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dovahkiin, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Dovahkiin

1. No technical issues during stream
    2. Clear instructions on how it will work BEFORE the event
    3. Absence of the bald commentator
    4. Constant streaming, instead of cutting in and out.
    5. Implement character-wide unlocks to allow users to use their unlocked weapons on Connery (or other servers)
    6. Server transfer to allow transfer into Connery (or other servers)
    7. Server merges to have bigger fights. Servers like Helios are patheitc at big fights.
    8. Have each challenge on a separated continent, to help prevent loooooooooooooong queue times (2+ hours for Amerish on Connery)
    9. Try to get more footage of gameplay on the stream instead of footage of the interview. Commentating is fine, but I DON'T want to see the commentators more than half the time.
    10. Implement system to report hacker by clicking on name, as distinguishing IIIII (eg. iiiii) from lllll (eg. LLLLL) is not easy. Hacker warping ruined part of the UES on Miller.
    The list goes on and on. So many flaws with the UES, so many flaws with PS2 :(
    • Up x 1
  2. R-A-B

6- I think the idea was "If people want to fight on x particular server they can just create a new character there"
    7-Actually from what I heard a good portion of the eu servers were ghost cappers, as it is bloody late here. As such they should have only counted the US serversfor the sake of this "Competition" or at least held the event over a much longer period of time so each server comes on at its respective region time. I mean apparently people with subscriptions had 2+ hour queues to get on amerish.
  3. Benton!

Server transfers into connery? Amerish was at a 9 hour wait before the event. We did NOT need more players trying to get in. Connery itself was at an hour wait at one point too.
  4. Windchaser

Picking objectives that were neutral instead of an empire already controlling it.
  5. Azzer

8- Have the winner be decided based on the activities that took place in-game, both on the main server and worldwide, rather than just have twitter decide it all in the end.
  6. Vlas

11. Dont slap together something because you want to hype up your ****** product and expect it to go over smoothly.

Dumb *****.
  7. woooow

I didn't play on Connery I just played on a server with a character I normally play but we did the event there too, dunno if it counted or what but we got the messages...anyways if this is ever done again they should REALLY reset the control of territory at the beginning of each event. To me it seemed like a lottery, whoever had pre-capped beforehand could just sit back and let the crazy lag take care of things for them.

Although it was pretty funny. At the bastion I'd be shooting people with no effect, hucking nades, dying and spawning and running back and getting all this exps minutes later when I'd be doing nothing but running up a hill.

If we ever do this again I'd like it better if there was some way to mass kick us all back to our warpgates, turn all territory neutral and then we all start out of the gate at the same time, actually hash it out rather then lucking out on whatever you held beforehand.

And then after the event maybe return the capture bonus to whoever owned it before the event, just to be fair and to not discourage play on the continent before the event ect.
  8. HadesR

My points would be.

Don't hold the event on one server .. Spread the Dev's and Leader's across multiple ones
    Spread the challenges across all 3 cont's .. bottle necking everyone into one is a bad idea