How the heck do you use the Impetus?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TorigomaSET, Jul 3, 2016.

1. TorigomaSET

Really, I took a look at the thing, and thought, "Heck Ya! Semi-Auto SAS-R!" (One of my favorites, Arxied in a Day). Then I tried it, and now I am confused. How the heck are you suppose to use this thing?
    It Feels like it wants to be, like I said, a semi-Auto SAS-R, but as it is, it just feels like a bad Scout Rifle.
    Tried it like Mid range Assault sniper, and nope. Tried it like a close range Scout rifle, nope. Even playing it more like a Vandal, and that did not work either. Mostly it's that blasted kick.

Anyone have any Tips?
  2. Pikachu

Needs higher ROF.
  3. Campagne

I'd recommend firing it a little slower than its maximum rate of fire. This lets the cone of fire reset a bit, which makes it much more useful. It can also help with the recoil, if you're having problems with it.

The way I liked to use it was as a sort of "ambush" weapon, where you open fire on someone unaware of you and deal massive damage before they can react. It's not the best weapon though.

Hope that helps a little. Good luck!
  4. LaughingDead

Headshot, bodyshot. its kinda like a weird sasr.
  5. Newlife1025

Just aim and fire... its not fast firing or very stable after each shot, but after a while using it, you'll get better. I couldn't stand bolt action and the time it took for the bolt animation, so i got the impetus. Its fun once you get the hang of it.
  6. Taemien

If you're not worried about kills, you can kinda support with it. Put a 3.4 or 4x scope on it and find a concentration of enemy. Fire a shot into each one you see as quickly as you can then cloak and take cover. May help to have armor cloak for this.

I've found that this ticks off people like crazy and draws them towards you. Be prepared to have about have a dozen to fight in CQC though. They will try to rush you. The good news is, in a dozen on dozen fight in a very small area.. you can draw half of them and make it a 2:1 fight in your 'team's' favor.

Course I say team in quotes because I don't mean a 12v12 base fight. Just one of the random smaller fights that make up the larger one.

You can also use it as a sort of ambush rifle. Use a 1x or 2x reflex (your preference) and sit at the back of a room. When the enemy pushes through and engages your allies, take pot shots. 400 damage is ALOT. And between 2-3 people firing as well, you'll instantly drop people.

Make sure you're cloaked as they come in so you're not targeted first. You'll likely be sitting still and make a great target, cloak will help keep this fact from being lethal.

Either way.. its a situational weapon. But you can somewhat snipe with it too if needed.
  7. TheDarSin

You gotta spam it. Go for body shots and headshots are a bonus. When you spam fire it, always wait for it to come back to rest and then immediately fire again. The Impetus has the accuracy of a sniper rifle and won't play like a scout rifle. The Impetus doesn't like ADADing like the scout rifles do. For the most part when you're going to be shooting with it, you need to stand still. Just don't over extend the time you spend uncloak firing. Shoot a couple times and get your kill and recloak right away and possibly relocate. The effective range of the impetus is pretty mid range. For optics I recommend using a 3.4x scope when you're running max FOV. That's pretty much it for the Impetus. If you need to know more just let me know man.